Chapter Four

After reading Sammy's little notification, I couldn't decide if I should call him, wait for him to come back, or head down to the barn.

I decided to go through withdraw and wait for him to come back because it's probably just nothing and I don't want him to think of me as a needy, impatient person. Or nosey, although it's true.

As I turned around to go get back to my chair, after I switched our coffees, of course, I heard that same thump. It was subtle, yet distracting and I couldn't exactly pinpoint where it was originating from.

I began to climb the stairs, yet again, when I heard the thump coming from above me now. I entered the library to find no one in sight.

I walked up and down the aisles slowly, ready for anything. Then, suddenly, a book fell right of the shelf and landed right in front of my feet! I paused, scared of what will happen next, but also slightly satisfied that I figured out what the sound was.

I picked the book up, wiped the dust from the floor off of it, and placed it back in it's spot on the shelf.

As I took a step forward though, another book fell off. I repeated the same process of cleaning and returning it, to watch yet another book fall.

I sat there thinking for a second, If I constantly kept hearing this noise, where are the rest of the books that I heard fall? Who picked them up?

I didn't have anymore time to think after that moment; two firm, but soft, hands snaked around my waist while warm lips placed themselves on the top of my left shoulder.

"Mmmmm, I was wondering when you'd get the memo." Sammy whispered into my shoulder.

I leaned to the right for him to have better access, but he simply turned me around to kiss me full on, instead.

First, it was a soft touch, as if he were trying to tease me, but after a few moments, he kissed me like he meant it. Like he truly... loved me.

I pulled apart, wondering why the sudden affection, not that I minded or anything.

"Sammmmy." I whispered, dragging out his name.

"Hmmmm?" He hummed softly, as he rested his chin on the top of my head.

"What's all this about, Sam?"

He placed a soft kiss on my forehead, then leaned back to look me in the eyes."Do I have to have a reason to kiss you?"

"...No, I guess not." I said as I followed with a smirk.

He chuckled to himself slightly, smirking in return.

I blushed and looked down, breaking eye contact.

"God, you are so, so beautiful, Kacey. And you don't even know it. But you are. You are the most gorgeous woman I have ever met, and I love you so much," I slowly looked up at him, a little shocked. We've never actually said the words before.

"Yes, I love you, Kacey. Believe it, because I really do. I'll never be able to let you go. I love you so, so much and I'm sorry you don't think you're beautiful because you are. One day, I'm going to show you how beautiful you are. Maybe not now, or next week, but I'm going to show you, Kacey. I promise."

This time, instead of just blushing and looking down, I kissed him passionately, and I meant it. I loved him too, but I just couldn't find the words to say it, so I showed him. I may not have been able to show him how much, exactly, at the moment either, but I promised to myself that I would.

We have been doing this for 4 months now and I'm ready for it to be real. It's always been a thing, us kissing and being together 24/7, but I want us to be serious and real. I am ready and I know Sammy is too.

*****

After reading and cuddling in the main library, we walked hand in hand back down to the office. He kissed me one last time and set me down into my chair and ran his hand down from my shoulder to the tips of my fingers as he walked away.

He sat down in his chair, smiled at me, then returned to his computer.

I picked up where I left off in my book when suddenly Sam said, "Oh, no. Kacey, I have to go." He jumped up, planted a kiss on my forehead and said, "I'm sorry, baby."

And with that, he left.