True Story 2: Embarassing

I was playing Gretl Von Trapp in The Sound Of Music. You know, the one with the singing nun on the grassy hills that's a governess for 7 kids?⬇️

 You know, the one with the singing nun on the grassy hills that's a governess for 7 kids?⬇️

Yeah. That one.

So I was playing the youngest Von Trapp at age 7-8, and knew about the musical Dr. Jekyll And Mr. Hyde. Just to clarify and be specific, I'm a HUGE musical theatre nerd and you should know that from all of the Hamilton Fanfiction I write. If you don't like that, you can just leave now or forever hold your peace. Or go complain to your friends about my nerdiness. I don't know if that's even a real word, but WHO CARES?!?!?!?!?

So, my mom said I should do this one number where Dr. Jekyll drinks the potion that turns him into Mr. Hyde. That's the one where he's screaming and rolling around on the floor and ripping his shirt open. But she told me to just sing it with no emotion for my "mic check".

"Introducing the definition of the word "mic check"; a word used in Musical Theatre Language."
-Musical Theatre Language Volume 101 this book doesn't exist).
"A 'mic check' in Musical Theatre Language is something that actors/actresses do when they have a microphone attached to their costume pants, or something called a 'microphone belt'. They test their 'mics' by singing a song from the show or another show."
-Page 6,000,397,234,000 (this doesn't exist either, only the definition).

Now you know.

Satisfied? -Hamilton, 2015.

Sorry. Don't judge me.

So I did this song and my mom videotaped me. Even though she SPECIFICALLY told me NOT to roll around on the stage in my first costume, I disobeyed her and did it anyways. Once I was done, I stood up and smiled like an angel before the microphone guy said "That was....interesting. Great job on the emotion. You're finished. FOR the REST OF YOUR LIFE."

Well, he didn't say THAT. Still, it was embarrassing and I did it in front of my 17th or 18th crush. Speaking of the word "crush" on to the next story.