SuperLuv || A Shane Dawson short.

My English assignment - thought I'd upload this.

I want you. I want you more than I’ve ever wanted anything. I want you to be mine, but more importantly, I want to save you. I feel like I’m the only person that sees that you’re in danger, and, like a superhero, I want to swoop into the scene. I’ll fight off the bad guys, cut away all the pain in your life, and let you start anew, with me.

It’s no surprise that I’m into comic books. I’ve read a heap of them, enough to last me a lifetime, which probably makes me a nerd. When people were making friends in preschool, I was reading issues of Superman and Spiderman, and the only person who ever understood that was you. You probably don’t remember much about me, but we were friends when we were little. I was the only person who knew about your dad, and what he did to you, and that’s a secret I’ve kept to this day. But, we grew apart, and you became a new person, hanging out with the bad guys and falling deeper into the darkness that I wanted to pull you out of. You forgot about me, but I promised myself that I would never forget about you.

When we got to high school, he hurt you deeply without caring, you basically became his plaything. Yet you stayed, knowing the consequences that you would face if you left him, but causing yourself more danger. You remember when we were kids, and we would pretend to be superheroes? My name was Switch, because I could switch my powers, and you decided on “SuperLove”, and when I asked you about it, you said it was because all you were good at was loving people. You loved him so much, but it numbered your days, and now, it’s time for me to save you.

I still go to our spot as well. Another thing you won’t remember, the fields with the trees, and the twohuge oak trees we used to sit by together. Every day after school, we’d go there, and we’d just be ourselves, something we usually hid from the outside world. You would ramble about anything that came to mind, and I would spend forever trying to carve that heart into the tree, trying to leave our imprint in the bark – a sign that I always loved you, and always wanted to protect you. It was our safe place, and I promise that we can go back there, everyday forever and ever.

You’re going to think I’m crazy, but when I got to high school and called myself Switch and started hiding in the shadows, I developed this alter ego. I don’t know if you’re able to believe this, but it actually has superpowers. Its name was “Superluv”. I sort of borrowed your nickname, I hope you wouldn’t mind.

Now, although I’m not a superhero, I can save you, and when I do, you’ll be mine, and we’ll be happy together. I promise this time, I won’t leave you, or put you in any harm. This time, I’ll love you, and the bad guys will never come to hurt you again. I promise this time, I’ll protect you and won’t let you get hurt again, since you don’t deserve that. You deserve only the best, since you’re my SuperLuv, and I promise to SuperLove you for the rest of your days.

Give you my SuperLuv.