Chapter 1

"'I stood over her... watching... waiting for her next move. This amazing woman was but a mystery to me. She was a genius...' You know, no one's going to read your fantasy, right?" Clementine scoffed through the phone.

"But I really saw her that night! I swear. She did everything I wrote, the world needs to know about these kinds of people!" Dolly stuttered and spat.

"Dolly- This isn't Sherlock Holmes where there's this really cool person who can do some crazy shit and figure out what your credit card number is. You're a museum security guard, and that's it. There's nothing left to it."

"But I swear she's real, on my life." Dolly's voice was even more persistent than Clementine's. She walked out the Grocery Store, carrying some bags when she stopped and looked over at an abandoned alleyway. Dolly stood stunned for there she was.

A girl, small, with ebony silky hair. Dolly stepped the threshold into the darkened alleyway.

"Doll- I understand that last night was pretty boring, so you fell asleep. But this is reality, I suggest you wake up."  And after a few moments of silence, Clementine spoke up. "Dolly?"

There was no response.

"Dolly... You here?"

Nothing again.

"DOLLY!" Clementine sounded pissed.

"Hey, I'm gonna have to call you back later." Absentmindedly, Dolly dropped the phone and walked further into the alleyway.

It was noon, but under the tall buildings, Dolly felt the sky dim. The alley seemed longer than expected, so her pace quickened. before long, she realized she was running, sprinting down the alley. She looked down and saw the girl, stopping to see if she were alive. 

The girl's chest rose and fell slowly... "Too slowly..." Dolly muttered running back to get her phone when. "Clementine! What a... surprise..." she weakly smiled and glanced down at her phone behind Clementine's legs. 

"Don't you DARE hang up on me like that again!" Clementine snarled. 

"Hey, hey Clem. I don't really think this is the best time to scold me right now, I got to call the hospital. It's really impor-" Dolly prepared to dive for her phone when she was stopped by Clementine stepping in front of her line of vision. 

"WHAT IS SO IMPORTANT YOU NEED TO CALL THE HOSPITAL- Oh the hospital, go right ahead." Without another word, she stepped out of the way and let Dolly grab her phone. She followed Dolly to the black-haired girl and dialed an emergency number.

"Hello? Yes, someone just collapsed for no reason, she's barely breathing! Please come, quick!" She paused for one seemingly very long moment before saying, "Thank you." She looked up at Clementine.

Her look was one that was of confusion and shock, "That was... new..."

"What?" Dolly looked up at Clem. Her dull, brown eyes seemed drained of emotion.

"You sounded different. You don't normally sound so... fearful... anxious..."

Dolly chuckled, "Wh- what are you talking about?" Clem grew concerned and backed away. she stood on the asphalt road.  Dolly's face went one of dread, "CLEM LOOK OUT!" And without hesitation, before Dolly stop herself. She saw Clementine on the ground and her stomach sank as she saw a pair blinding lights.