Chapter 24~ A Ship in the Sky

Start from the beginning

Jill's POV

Peter and I flew through the air just as the indians began their first assault. The pirates yelled in surprise as they scrambled to dodge arrows and spears. Some of the men jumped into the water to try and escape but they didn't last long because the mermaids tore them to pieces.

I held Peter close, laughing as the wind whipped through my hair and loosened it from all the pins that Christine had put into it.

"I knew you would come for me," I said with a smile, that then turned to a frown as I slapped him in the face, "And you really shouldn't have!"

"Ow!" he yelped, "I just saved your life and this is the thanks I get?!"

I leaned in and gave him a kiss on his cheek, "Thank you."

When we made it back to shore, a huge crowd of lost boys waited for us, each of them wearing their own set of fairy armor. Tears came to my eyes as they engulfed me in hugs.

"Welcome back Mum!"

"We missed you Mumzy!"

"Please don't leave us again!"

"I missed you so much!"

"Me too!"

"Me three!"

"Not as much as me!"

"No, I missed her the most!"

"No you didn't!"

"Yes I did!"

"You both are absolute dolts if you think that either of you missed her more than me!"

I gave them each a kiss on the forehead, doing a head count as I did. Pudge jumped into my arms and wrapped his legs around my waist.

"Hello there little one!" I said, "Can you tell me where Slightly, Jax, Curly, and Freckles are?"

"They're helping out the Indians with the primary assault- whatever that means!" he said, "I'm not going to be fighting today. Peter says that I'm going to be helping out Midnight Lilly on the sidelines. I'm so glad that you're back! I missed you so much!"

"I'm glad to be back where I belong," I said, hugging him tightly and then swinging him to the ground.

"Hey Jill!" Said Peter, "There's someone here to see you."

I turned around and my heart stopped beating.

"Vin?" I asked, "Is that you?"

It looked exactly like him, the same blonde hair and steely blue eyes. He smiled that same sideways smile that he always did whenever he saw me.

The boys parted and let me through. I touched the side of his face, "You're real?"

"In the flesh," he replied.

Tears of joy brimmed in my eyes, but very suddenly my joy turned to rage and to everyone's surprise, I punched him square in the face.

I tackled him to the ground, punching him in the chest over and over again.

"HOW DARE YOU!?" I screamed, tears streaming down my face as I got up and kicked him in the gut, "I MOURNED YOU! I saw you DIE! I cried for days! How could you do this to me!?"

I went to hit him again but I tripped forward on top of him and Vinny pulled me into a massive bear hug. He held on to me while I broke down and sobbed, my anger quickly ebbing away until all that was left was unbridled joy.

"I missed you so much!" I cried.

"I missed you too."

--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.--.