2

brooklyn and i laugh as we walk down the street to get our smoothies. it's something that me and brooklyn do every morning. brooklyn has always been the type of girl who is perfect. perfect grades, perfect lifestyle, perfect friends, perfect life. she's my best friend and biggest inspiration, which is why i always try to come visit her.

my family lives in the outer banks in north carolina, right by the beach. brooklyn recently moved to charlotte, north carolina for college. she lives in the cutest cottage in charlottesville during the summer, where i always spend the 3 months of my break at.

brooklyn and i sit down at the cute little smoothie shop in our overalls. i definitely get my style from brooklyn, i mean i get everything from her. "so about that boy the other day," she says sipping her smoothie. "what about him?" i say looking at my phone. "well it kinda seemed like you were flirting with each other," she says smirking. "oh please, i just met the guy, i don't even remember his name," i say truthfully. jake? john? justin? i have no clue. "alright whatever you say, but this is a small city, you're bound to bump into him again." i smile at the thought, it would be nice to have some friends around her other than my sister. "don't jinx it," i say trying to hide my smile. she shakes her head and laughs.

later in the day brookyln and i go to the mall to get new bathing suits for our road trip to the outer banks. we wanted to go visit our parents for a week.

i walk into urban and find a the cutest blue bikini, brooklyn finds a cut out one piece and a white bikini. as brooklyn pays for the suits, she sends me to go get food from the food court. i take the ten dollars she gave me and i get two pretzels and two lemonades.
i take the food to a table and wait for brookyln to pay.

i play on my phone answering snapchats and checking my feed as i wait for brooklyn. i look up to see where brooklyn was and i see the boys friend from the amusement park sitting at a table near me. i slightly panic, i've never had many friends before and seeing as i'll only be here for 3 months, i'm not planning on making new ones. i pick up my food and try to sit somewhere else. as i'm walking, the boy sees me, calling my name. i keep walking as he jumps up to follow me and grabs my arm, spilling my lemonade all over him.

"hey! you made me drop my pretzel," the boy says sadly. he looks at me sadly, "charlie right?" i smile a toothless smile, "hey... you," he laughs, "joey." he says smiling. not gonna lie, this kid is a cutie! "right i'm sorry i'm awful with names and i'm so sorry for the lemonade, and sorry for your pretzel!" i say picking up napkins to clean up the mess i made. "someone's apologetic today," he says jokingly. "sorry! i mean not sorry" i say putting my hand on my forehead. "oh please charlie i'd let you spill lemonade on me any day of the week. this was my favorite shirt though, so you owe me." he says smugly