1

"let's goooo!!" i say as we get into Carowinds, a amusement park in north carolina. first stop, the biggest roller coaster in the whole park.

by the way, my name is charlize but you can call me charlie.

me and my sister, brooklyn head over to the ride with our fanny packs on. trust me, they're coming back in style.

we wait in line for what feels like forever until me and brooklyn get strapped in. as the ride starts, i see girls taking pictures with this boy and his friend. then the ride takes off. i always have to hold someone's hand when i ride the roller coasters, it's a habit. brooklyn squeezes my hand as we reach the top of the roller coaster and when it drops, i black out. after the drop i get my eye sight back as brooklyn laughs and screams in my ear. i laugh as the ride ends. as much as i love roller coasters, i always black out.

brooklyn and i run to the next ride as it gets darker outside. i decide to go on a volcano themed coaster while brooklyn ate her cotton candy and waited for me.

i waited in line on my phone for a solid 20 minutes. when i finally got on i sat next to this boy about my age, and might i add, he was cute. i smiled at him and said, "i hope you don't mind, but i scream a lot," he laughed as the ride started and said, "well i guess i can't mind, we're stuck on here now," i smile and start screaming as he laughs. we get to the loops and i grab his hand out of habit. he grabs mine and screams too.

when the ride is over we both get off, laughing, saying goodbye. he walks over to his friend and i walk over to brooklyn. i tell brooklyn what happened, super excited that i might've made a new friend. as i'm excitedly talking to her, the boy and his friend walk up to us.

"i never got your name," he says smiling. "charlize kate but you can call me charlie, and you?" i say putting my hand out to shake, "joseph birlem but you can call me joey," he says shaking my hand as i smile.