Chapter nine

Here is the chapter.

Please vote, comment and share.

Thank you for the 250 reads. I thought nobody would want to read it.

Enjoy :)

Day five

Maisie's Pov-
I crept out of the room whilst Izzy was distracting Ben. I was so relieved that the distraction plan would actually work. I tip-toed through the corridors. I prayed that I would not bumped into Harry. My feet treaded lightly down the stairs. My hands were shaking on the stairs barrier uncontrollably. I felt guilty leaving Izzy behind but I'm positive she will be fine. My legs grew weaker as I get closer to the door.
Is it worth it? It's very likely I would be captured soon but I just need at least five minutes away from this place. I placed my trembling hands on the knob and twisted it open. Miraculously the door is unlocked. I got out of the house quickly as possible, not even bothering to shut the door behind me. I took a right and just ran for it. I didn't care if I was going in the wrong way. I need to get away before they noticed that I'm gone.

After 10 minutes of running I am already panting for my life. I seriously need to get fit soon. I recognize this street. My flat is only five minutes away. I jogged slowly and stopped when I reached to my flat. I shoved my hands down in my front pocket and took out my keys. I pushed the key into the keyhole, twisting around until I hear a click. I pressed the handle down to push the door open. I shut the door behind me.

"EMMA? EMMA?" I shouted. Right, I need to call the police for Izzy. I ran over to the telephone and dialled 999. The phone made buzzing noise which meant it was disconnected.

"What? No." I mumbled. "EMMA?" I cried for my room mate. I started to panic. I made a beeline for the bathroom. I stopped halfway. My eyebrows furrowed. My flat-mate, Emma, isn't here. I was confused, she is normally here 24/7 but she isn't in today. It was bit unusual but I'm sure she went out with someone. I chewed my bottom lip anxiously. I let out a nervous laugh, typical me, getting paranoid over a little thing. I paused my thoughts. I need to have a look around the flat just in case. So I checked all the rooms just sure that she isn't here. No sign of her at all. I approached to the last room that I haven't checked yet. The strange metallic smell wafted from this room. Shit. This isn't a good sign at all. I took a deep shaky breath.

I hesitated but eventually twisted the doorknob open. Fuck. This is fucking worse. I froze at the spot. The view was horrendous. Blood splatters all over the floor. My eyes followed the blood trail. The tears threatening to fall down out of my eyes but I refuse to let it, now isn't the time. A body was laid down on cream, which is now red. The long fair hair attached to the body is now drenched in fresh blood. The smell is overpowering the whole room. I brought my hand up to held my nose. This body belongs to my flat mate. Why would a sick person do that in our fucking flat, and most importantly who was it. I crouched down, whispering to my self.

"I'm so sorry Emma, you don't deserve this, and I promise you. I will find whoever did this and I hope the person will rot in hell!" I exclaimed. I put my hand away from the nose, as I'm too damn emotional for this shit. My hands starts to quiver violently, I slowly rose up back on my feet. I soon felt dizzy and light headed. I heard a sharp noise, a door in the en-suite closed. My back was facing that door.

Shit. Someone is still here. Oh god, what if it's the murderer. I prepared myself to face the truth, to find whoever it is. I twisted my whole body face the door. My breath hitched.

"Harry!?" I blinked my eyes roughly. I knew he was a killer but I would never thought he would be that disgusting that he killed a person that I knew for so long.

"W-why her?" I stuttered. Harry stayed silent yet he flashed a devilish smirk bringing up the sharp kitchen knife that was oozing with blood. Before I could even turn away, he brought the knife nearer to his mouth. He stuck his tongue out and made a bold stripe. His intense stare on my face whilst licking the blood off the knife slowly, finishing with a cheeky wink. Then he was sucking his bloody fingers seductively, cleaning the blood off. His dimples deepening as he sucked. The goose bumps appear on my skin. I shivered. If only he didn't kill my childhood friend then I would possible find him attractive. Just a tiny fraction I firmly told myself. I instantly felt sick at the sight. My dizziness came back but worse. I started to struggle to breath, gasping heavily, desperate for air. I closed my eyes and let my body shut down. I fell down on the hard carpet, ending with a big thud. Everything seems to be going in a slow motion. The sounds around me became distorted. Everything went black.