"Maddie is the girl from cafeteria. She is from Amelia's immediate family. She is new here so I am just helping her get used to the environment." He shrugs.

"Oh." I say, avoiding his eyes.

It's just friendship. I seriously need to calm my nerves instead of behaving like this but then again what we have is also just friendship right?

"She is a sophomore. I'm thinking whether she can join us whenever we choose to hangout and all. Do you mind?" He asks, invading my chain of thoughts.

Actually, he has been quite an invader recently.

"Absolutely not." I say with a forced polite smile.

"Alright then! I guess I should leave. See you after school, V." He says before standing up from his chair.

Don't go, please.

"Okay bye!" I say after which he leaves.

_______________________

"So..." Jasmine trailed off.

"What?" I ask her before digging into my food.

"Did you tell him?" She asks, her eyes dancing with excitement.

I hold up my index finger to signal her a minute whilst I chew my morsel  and she, taking the hint shrugs before going back to her sandwich.

"I couldn't." I say after swallowing.

"What, why?" She makes a disappointed face.

"I get all nervous when he is around, y'know? I just can't bring myself to confess. Anyways, he was in a hurry and lately he has been spending a lot of his time with a sophomore." I say, the last part with a grimace.

"Are you jealous?" Jasmine teases me.

"Shut up, Jazz." I avoid answering the question but the answer is pretty obvious.

"Don't waste another such chance. You should tell him right away." She says.

"You're right but how is the question. How did you do all this with Zach?" I ask her.

"I didn't have to. He initiated in my case." Her cheeks turn visibly crimson at the mention of his name.

"You are lucky, woman." I say, pointing my spoon in her direction to lay emphasis.

"That I am. But--" Her words were interrupted by Michael.

"V, I have something to tell you." He says urgently.

"What is it?" I ask in a worried tone.

"Not here. Can I see you in ten minutes?" He asks.

"Sure. But where?" I ask him.

"The terrace." He says and walks away without a backward glance.

"God, I hope everything is okay." Jasmine voices out my thoughts.

"I hope the same, Jazz." I say with my fingers crossed.

"Violet, I want you to promise me that if it is something unsafe then you will let me know." She says.

"Yes, I will only if I am allowed to disrespect the privacy." I say.

"I understand." She mumbles and goes back to her food while I ponder over the unknown, urgent matter.

____________________________

I walked out of the cafeteria, making my way upstairs with quick steps.
Suddenly, the urge to turn around engulfed me. I obliged only to find myself alone in the corridor. Since it's lunch break, there is hardly anyone in this area but the feeling of being followed by someone is intense but my suspicion is proved wrong.

I shake my head and jog my way to the terrace. Before I enter, I turn around once again only to find the way void of any intruder.
Still being unconvinced, I hesitantly open the door and find Michael doing rounds around the railing, eagerly waiting for my arrival.

"Hey." I call out to him.

"There you are! I have got something to tell you." He says.

"What is it?" I ask him.

"It is about Sam's accident which we so confidently assumed it to be attempt to kill him." He says.

"What did you find?" I ask in an alarmed tone.

[A/N: I suggest referring the prequel to avoid any confusions while reading further.]

"We were right, V. That guy who killed Lynette Woods and even cut a slit through his throat is Vincent, you remember that?" He asks.

"Yes, I remember. What were we right about?" I ask, curiously.

"Well, he di---" His voice gets interrupted by a noise near the door which makes both of us turn our heads to the source of it in alarm.

I walk towards the door carefully, Michael closely following my every step to find our intruder.

The door is ajar which makes me all the more alert because I had closed it when I entered inside. I open the door, silently hoping that it is just a mouse or something lame like that but as soon as the entrance is completely opened, I find it difficult to  believe and Michael must've faced the same difficulty as I hear him gasp audibly. The moment our questioning gazes meet her shocked ones, an unasked question lingers in the air.

What the hell is she doing here?

~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~

A/N -

Hello readers!
Please don't kill for updating after so long.

I hope you liked this chapter. Worth the wait? I pray it was.

Vote, comment and spread the word :)

Love always,

KHUSHALI~