Prologue

The jagged edge of the blood encrusted whip struck her back again, and again. The young halfling lost count of the number of times The Wardon had struck her. 'Why,' she thought to herself as she clenched her jaw refusing to let a peep leave her lips. 'Why do they hate Halflings?'

The disgusting sadistic laughters left the Wardons lips as the whip laid on the ground, "This one will be hard to break it seems." The Halfling heard the clatter of the whip being dropped onto the hard stone of the dungon floor making her look over her shoulder. The chains binding her wrists and ankles didn't restrict her head, but she wished they did the moment she saw what the Wardon was retreiving from his tools. "This is the finest carving knife out there, made by the Dwarves in the Easter Mountains." The Wardons souless silver eyes met the young halfling girls terrified gold ones. "Oh, I see that got a reaction from you," he mocks walking around to her barley covered body. "I haven't even shown you what it can do yet," he say placing the edge of the blade lighly on her naval.

Even though the blade barley grazde her skin, blood prickled to her skin dripping past the knife. She felt a slight sting from the cut, but compared the the white hot ache of the rest of her body it was nothing. "Do your worst you Squire Bastard! I won't scream! I won't let you break down my pride as a Halfing!" the girl snaps in anger and fear. 'How can humans call us monsters when they crave such violence? They are the monsters!' she screamed to herself.

"But its not fun unless you scream," The Wardons eyes widened with pure madness as a sickening smirk spread his face nearly in half. She didn't think she could have stopped the scream of pure agony that erupted from her lips as the carving knife dug between her ribs. "See, just like that! Scream all you want!" The man laughed slowly dragging the knife through her stomach attempting to gut her.

'I don't want to die,' she thought as a deafening scream left her lips, 'Not like this.'