Six Word Story

Befriended the bottle; want becomes need.

Clunk goes the empty bottle you fling across the room. Winded, you drop to the floor. Your clothes and hair cling uncomfortably to your body, drenched in sweat. The cool hardwood floor does little to soothe your blazing skin as you lie down and put your hands over your eyes. You're trembling, your whole body seemingly in sync with the dreadful throbbing in your brain, behind your eyes, everywhere. You go on like this for what could be hours, possibly days, as the world ceases to exist outside of your misery. You never thought you would end up in this situation. You always thought you were in control.
Slowly, the susurrous voices in the back of your mind grow into thunderous shouting that echoes off the walls of your cranium. You dig your palms forcefully into your eye sockets and watch the phosphenes multiply until finally, you've had enough. You shoot up, adrenaline numbing the agony as you ravage your surroundings, searching hungrily. That's when you find it; a sandwich bag with a few booster tablets tucked away in a dirty pair of jeans. You waste no time ripping the bag open and spilling its contents into your dry mouth, soothed by the feeling of each pill sliding down your throat one by one. A sigh escapes you as you lean against the wall and shut your eyes. You can't help but smirk in relief, knowing your ailment will dissipate soon enough. You make a mental note to renew your prescription later.