Chapter 1

September 2nd, 2013

Aria sat on the edge of the hospital bed, her hands in his, "I- I'm so sorry..." she said softly. He looked into her warm hazel eyes as his breathing slowed. She knew this was it. She could see his eyelids getting heavier and how hard it was for him to stay awake. Aria collapsed onto his chest, crying, hoping she would get to hear his voice one last time, "Please, Ezra. I love you."

He took one final breath and pressed his lips to her ear, using any strength he had left to speak...

"I hate you," he whispered.

The steady beeping turned solid as she wrapped her arms around him, tears streaming down her cheeks.

June 10th, 2013

"Ezra, stop!" Aria giggled as his fingers danced along her stomach. She tugged on his arms which were wrapped around her waist, her back pushing against his chest as she struggled to get out of his grasp. "Ezra!" She let out a playful yelp and managed to turn towards him, still locked in his embrace.

Ezra continued to laugh when he saw the frown on Aria's face, "What?" he asked, giving her an innocent smile.

"I'm serious."

"Fine you win," he grinned. "Like always." He set her free and walked to the kitchen.

Aria fell back onto the couch and let out a sigh. "Everything alright?" Ezra asked.

"Nothing, it's stupid."

He handed her a cup of coffee before sitting down himself, lifting her legs and placing them over his lap, "Aria..."

"I just missed you." She smiled into her mug as she took a sip, glancing up at him shyly.

He ran his hand up and down her leg, "I was only gone for a few days."

"A few days too many." She put her mug down on the table and wrapped her arms around his neck, "I don't like it when you're gone."

"Well, it's a good thing I'm not gonna be gone anymore."

"No more trips?"

"No more trips," he said, smiling.

"Wait..." she smiled back and brought him closer to her, "Does this mean you got the editing job?"

"This means we're going out for dinner tonight."

Aria's face lit up as she crashed her lips against his. Ezra flew back in surprise before he returned the kiss, running his tongue along her lower lip. She allowed his tongue to slip into her mouth and pushed on his chest, causing Ezra to lie down with her on top of him. The two continued to move their bodies in perfect rhythm, lost in the passion of their kiss. Ezra ran his fingers through Aria's long wavy hair as her hands rested on either side of his head.

The sound of Aria's phone ringing in the kitchen made her sit up. "Let it go..." Ezra said, pulling her face back down to his. Aria gave him one more kiss before getting up, causing Ezra to groan as she lifted herself off of him.

Aria picked up her phone, "Hello?" she answered. "Oh, hey mom."

Ezra walked over and stood behind her, moving her hair out of the way so he could kiss her neck. A cold shiver ran down Aria's spine as his lips brushed against her neck, "Yes mom, I'm with him right now." Aria could feel Ezra smile against her skin. "No I won't be home tonight, we're going out for dinner." Ezra's warm breath swept over her ear, "Okay, mom, I love you but I really have to go. Bye." Aria quickly ended the call and Ezra took the phone out of her hand, placing it on the counter.