Chapter 4 - Dreams

"VAN!"

I jumped up from the couch to see things being a little bit disoriented. I held my hands out for balance. The lights dim, the curtains shut, pictures shattered on the floor, tables turned, glass broken, making it hard to walk.

"VAN!"

"Yes?" I shouted, unaware of what was happening, trying to find where the voice was coming from.

"VAAN!" The voice got more loud, more feminine.

"FRANCIS?" I shouted, fumbling throughout the house, bursting into every room to reveal nothing. Every room like a black hole, empty, spacious, nothing to been seen or noticed. I had never seen such darkness.

"VANN!!" Screams came from not within the house, but outside. I found the front door and pulled it open, feeling strength force it the other way, slamming it shut. A burst of wind blew into my face, making me let go of the door, stumbling back into the stairs. I again tried to open the door, one, twice, three times as the screams cried louder, hurting my ears.

The door flew open and I saw my car toppled over, the whole thing crumpled, glass everywhere, the tyres having no owner. The headlights shined brightly, making it hard for me to see through the darkness.

"VAN!" The voice cried again and I bent down to my hands and knees. I looked under through the shattered windows to see...Francis?

"VAN HELP ME!" I stopped for a second as I watched a different version of Franky plea for help. Her face filled with blood, glass surrounding her compressed body sandwiched between the roof of the car and the head rest of a the seat.

Her bloody hand, slowly growing black and blue, reached for me.

"I'm here. Im not leaving you. I'm right here." I now laid flat on my stomach, my arm reaching for her hand.

A burst of air enforced me to close my eyes and be blown away from my love.

I opened my eyes, sitting up, now in bed next to Larry. I breathed heavily, feeling my heart pump hard through my chest.

"Fuck...me." I breathed, calming myself down, rechecking the time. 4:09 am.

I sat up for a few minutes, recollecting air to reach my lungs, to help me regain my original breathing pattern. I then slowly laid back, my head hitting the soft pillow.

Was that a dream? It seemed pretty much like reality to me.

What is happening to me?

"It's just a dream." I whispered to myself, gradually but surely falling back to sleep.

"I trusted you Lyla."

"So did I."

"Then why do it?"

"I was drunk. We all make mistakes.."

I lifted myself from the bed, waking up, again, to see Lyla and Larry quietly arguing with each other.

"But going with the guy who beat Van and Francis up, including you. He's totally better than me, huh?" I rubbed my eyes tiredly to see Larry opening the door, gesturing for her to leave.

"He actually treats me right." She sighed, crossing her arms.

"Lyla, just leave." He sharply gestured for her to leave. She tutted and stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her.