Chapter 49 - Girls' Night Out

Chapter 49 – Girls' Night Out

It's been a week since she last talked to Vice. Well, since she last texted him. She hates the feeling that she wants to talk to him again. Vice seems to make everything alright. She wish she could talk to him. Especially, right now since she is stressing over the paperwork that was piled up on her desk. Her shift is done and she should be heading home now but, she wants to finish her work first. Her phone buzzed and like a ninja, she grabbed her phone to check who texted. Her face frowned.

"Expecting someone else?" she turned and found Anne standing outside her door.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito? Tsaka bakit ka pa nagtext kung nandito ka naman." Karylle replied coldly before putting down her phone.

"Well, I'm your best friend and as your best friend, napansin ko na sobrang stress ka na jan sa ginagawa mo. So, I'm here to take you out."

"No, thanks. I'm busy." She continued with her work.

"C'mon, Karylle. I think you really need it. Have you seen yourself, lately? Lumalabas na yung wrinkles mo oh." She said to her, pointing at her face.

"Uy, hindi ah." She defended herself. But she did notice her eyebags.

"Sus. Tara na kasi. Wag ka ng maarte." She said as she pulled her arm, trying to get Karylle off her seat.

"But Anne... I have work to do."

"Do it tomorrow. Stop being so workaholic!" she said to her, still pulling her arm. Karylle stood up in defeat.

"Okay okay, fine. You win. Pero pano si Nico?" she asked her while fixing her paperwork.

"I have already taken care of that. Nasa bahay siya kasama ni Yaya."

Anne took her to the bar she always goes to. The bar was crowded. Karylle was never the party girl type. She has been to clubs but never really dance along with the crowd. She's also not a drinker. She only drinks on special occasions. Anne and Karylle sat on the bar.

"Kuya, isang apple martini nga. Ikaw, K?"

"Ah, uhm... juice na lang." Karylle replied.

"Alright, mango?"

"Mhmm."

"Kuya, isang apple martini and mango juice, please." Anne ordered.

"One apple martini and mango juice coming right up!"

While waiting for their drinks, Anne seems to be enjoying herself already. She's bobbing her head to the music while Karylle is just quiet.

"Uy, K. Para ka naming statue jan! Enjoy!"

As soon as their drinks were served, Anne drank her apple martini. She offered Karylle but she refused. They both turned to face the crowd that was dancing on the dance floor. Suddenly, Karylle saw a familiar face that walked pass her.

"Vice?"

The man turned to them and both Karylle and the man had the same reaction on their face. Surprised.

"Karylle...?"

They stared into each other's eyes and at that very moment, Karylle felt like the time froze. Karylle's heart pounded loud. She kept denying to herself that she doesn't miss him, that she doesn't want to see him. But now, all she wants to do is hug him and tell him how much she misses him.

"Vice! May seats dun oh!"

She got back her senses when the woman in blue dress came to Vice. Karylle's eyes diverted to the woman then slowly on the woman's hand which was wrapped around Vice's arm. She felt her heart ache a little.