Chapter 2 - Paraffin

"Mate this is so hard." I sighed to Larry who smoked a cigarette next to me, sitting on the couch in Francis' house.

"I can't believe it." He sighed, blowing out the smoke and handing it be before I took a few drags and passed if it back.

"I know. I can't believe they're kicking us out." I put my arms behind my head and rested my head on the back of the couch.

"It is their house, Van." Larry chuckled.

"I know..it's just become sentimental to me now.."

"Look, to cheer you sodding arse up, I'm taking you out tonight." Larry smiled, stubbing out the cigarette.

"What? As in a party?" I asked, disliking the idea.

"Yeah. You, me, the lids?" Larry grinned as his idea progressed.

"No Larry.."

"Yes, Van. Look at it through my eyes. Right, it's now been 6 months, yes?" He leaned into my shoulder, looking in my eyes with a big smile, waiting for my reply

"Yes."

"You've had, no sex, no booze, no girls, no parties, no?" He asked again, and I could see where this was going to lead to.

"No. But Larry-"

"No buts! You're coming!" He stood from the couch and whipped out his phone, dialling numbers then put the phone to his ear.

"Larry...I'm waiting."

"Waiting for what Van? Francis to wake up?" I know he didn't mean it but I shot my eyes at him, not looking happy.

Yes it has been 6 months without seeing Francis but she was the only girl I wanted to see.

"Right, we're leaving at 7." Larry said ending the call.

"I don't want to Larry."

"You're coming, end of. It's going to be fun."

"Her parents will be here soon." I sighed, knowing that in an hours time, I will not be able to set foot in this house again.

"So?" Larry didn't see what the fuss is about.

"Larry, her parents didn't even know you were living here, never mind me." I rolled my eyes with a groan and Larry changed the topic to what was happening  tonight.

Abruptly, the front door swung open.

"Oh...hi Ryan?" Mrs White stood at the door with shopping bags in her hands and in her arms.

"Hi Mrs White." My elbows rested on my knees, a cigarette in one hand and I waved with the other. Larry next to me with one between his lips.

"Uh..may I ask what are you doing in my house?" She spoke, so gently, walking through the house, placing the bags on the counter.

"Francis let me and Larry stay to keep her company whilst you and Mr White went away." I explained.

"Larry?" She questioned, turning to face me as I stood up to be polite.