Prologue

Olympus was at war

They were not warned or given any clues that an their enemy was building a secret army against them to achieve their goal of destruction. One moment they were happy and peaceful, the next they were fighting for their lives. It was a brutal and unexpected ambush.

Paelen rushed behind a marble pillar and watched the very best warriors Olympus had to offer, they were ready to take on the unexpected army. Jupiter was leading the attack with thunder and lightning bolts at the ready. His wife Juno stood on his left, she was focused and ready for battle. On his right was Hercules, he was looking strong and ready to attack at any point as were the twins Apollo and Diana ready for battle raising their weapons.  Mars was there too along with Vulcan with his armoury full of weapons, in case they ran out. Standing behind them wearing his winged sandals and his marvelous helmet was messenger of Olympus, Mercury. 

Paelen turned his gaze to Pegasus, the majestic winged stallion. Pegasus' eyes blazed and his wings trembled in a slight rapid motion as his golden hooves pounded the ground showing the others that he was ready for the upcoming battle. A little further behind them stood more Olympians who were all eager and ready to defend their homes. They were not going to let Olypmus fall easily.

But Paelen was different because he wasn't going to fight, he never intended to in the first place.

I'm not a warrior, I'm just a thief with my own plans which don't include me getting killed in this battle us Olypians cannot win, war is their problem.

Paelen was thinking on what he could get out of this battle. With the defence of the palace occupied, a thief like him would be free to enter the palace and take whatever he wanted.

But Paelen wasn't interested in taking all of Jupiter's treasures, what he wanted the most was the beautiful gold bridle that Pegasus wore.

Everyone knew that Pegasus' golden bridle was the most desired treasure in Olympus. It was one of the key factors of controlling the majestic stallion. With Pegasus, Paelen could go anywhere he desired and take whatever he wanted, and since the stallion was so powerful no one would stand a chance against him.

While Jupiter called his warriors  forward, Paelen crept towards them, still being hidden. He was close enough to hear Jupiter talking,

"We are in our darkest hour. We have never been in such terrible danger. The Nirad fighters have broken through our borders. They are now heading for the Flame of Olympus. If they extinguish it, all our powers and all of Olympus will be lost. We must stop them as fast as we can! That Flame is very important. We can't let them succeed in what they are trying to. If we do not then everything we have ever known will be destroyed."

Paelen listened, he felt the tension growing. His gaze was still locked on Pegasus. The stallion shook his head and snorted, making his golden bridle give out an enchanting look that no other forged gold in Olympus could ever make.

Just looking at Pegasus' golden bridle made Paelen's fingers want to reach out and grab it. But he controlled himself. His dark eyes moved back to their leader.

"We who shall never die, now face our very destruction," Jupiter continued. "But it is not only Olympus we must defend. All the other worlds we protect will fall if the Nirads defeat us, if they succeed Olympus and all the other worlds we protect will fall, we must fight for Olympus and for them!"

Jupiter raised his hand in the air and lightning bolts burst of his hands, their booms echoed throughout all of Olympus. "Will you join me?" he cried. "Will you rise against these nasty invaders and put them in their place?"

Paelen was surprised at the sight of all the Olympians raising their arms to Jupiter. Pegasus reared on his hind legs and opened his wings, showing everyone that he too, wanted to fight for Olympus. Battle cries filled the air.

"For Olympus!" Jupiter howled as he turned around and led the warriors of Olympus into battle.