Chapter 5: New friends, food and games help you forget about your paranoia

Start from the beginning

From: cooldude597@msn.co.uk
To: fireprincess101@msn.co.uk
Subject: Re: I need your advice bro

Hey Nikki, I am so sorry it took me so long to reply! Life had been a bit hectic since you left, I have been busy with boring work and pointless medical checkups regarding the burns on my arm. It is healing fine so do not go getting all worked up and feeling guilty because I know what you are like!

Anyway, regarding your nightmare what exactly happened in it? You've never really explained or even talked about what those scumbags did to you...well not in detail anyway. But the main thing is that you remember that you are safe over there and although I cannot imagine how terrifying and traumatising it most have been for you, it has not even been that long since it happened so those memories are still fresh. It will take time for them to heal and for you to forget. But I don't think it means anything so try and relax okay?

Yours Jordan

P.S. Mum and Dad say hi and they hope that you are making new friends as well as keeping out of trouble and keeping a lid on that gift of yours

P.S.S. Don't worry, they have not seen the other email, they still cannot work technology to save their lives

P.S.S.S. I am still cooler than you XD

I rolled my eyes and laughed to myself as I finished reading the email. Even when I was on the verge of a panic attack, Jordan always had a way of making me feel better and laugh. I bit my lip and started chewing it nervously, it was unnerving that Douglas was here and attempting to apply for a teaching job. So many questions were running through my mind as I thought how to break this to my brother, I did not want him to put himself in danger again because of me. How was it possible that the man who called himself the 'Purifier' had not only discovered where I had disappeared to but had also managed to turn up at my school? Was he stalking me!? Was Damien with him!? My eyes widened and the fear began to build as I couldn't help but glance over my shoulder fearing that I would see Damien or his father standing behind me. I couldn't ignore the fact that Jordan's arm was still giving him bother and no matter what he said I would never stop feeling guilty for it. It was my fault and I will never be able to change that...

From: fireprincess101 @ msn.co.uk
To: cooldude597 @ msn.co.uk
Subject: Re I need your advice bro

Firstly, is your arm still hurting you!? Secondly, you know that just because you tell me not to feel guilty does not mean that I won't, nor will it change the fact that it was my fault. Thirdly, tell mum and dad that I said hi back and yes I have made new friends and yes my 'gift' is still hidden and no I cannot promise to stay out of trouble. Lastly, I am so glad that they have not seen the other email. There is no need to make them panic! 

Okay, um maybe you are right and maybe this is just a weird and creepy coincidence or he trauma talking but I think they know where I am...well at least Satan does... I think I saw him today at school and then again maybe it was someone who looks like him or maybe I had a flashback but Jordan, what do I do if they have found me?

I do not want to move again so please just keep this to yourself until I am sure, okay?

NJ