The Power Within: Chapter 17

Start from the beginning

I give Ty a slybrow and ask him, "What did this girl look like? Did she have blood red hair? Pale? Pretty tall and wears platform heels?" He nods. "Isn't that the girl who injured you, Jocelyn?" Ian asks. I nod in response. "She's my cousin."

"Makes sense, I guess." Adam says confused. "What does she want with us anyways?"

"Ava knows how you seven are the third most powerful. And she wants to make sure you join the evil, since you know you can at least see that option as something amazing, but it's not." I firmly say letting go of Jason's shirt. I forgot that I was still doing that. "She's also trying to make me follow the path of the cruelty, but I'm trying so hard to keep in the mischievous actions I can do that can lead me there."

"You're too kind to be chosen the wicked path of whatever." Jerome reassuringly says patting my back once and leaving his arm around my shoulders. "Doesn't mean I'm chosen to be on the path of goodness. There's evil in me somewhere. Deep down and I know you know it. You saw how I almost suffocated you guys." Jason wraps his arm around me as well. "Can we help you in any way possible." I shake my head.

"What happens if you turn over to the darkside?" Ty questions scratching his neck. "Just...just stay far away from me. I won't realize what I'm doing if i harm you guys."

"We can't let you become vicious and cruel like Ava."

"You don't control my destiny." I firmly state. "My actions. My past. My mother. Those control my destiny. And my mother was evil, but died before she could injure anyone." I pause and wait in the silence. "It's in my blood. Nothing can change it now. Tonight it's going to happen." I remove Jerome and Jason's arms and return to my room.

I do not want to hurt you. Especially, the one who's exactly like me.

{Jason's POV}

"Guys, I'll go comfort Jocelyn." I stand and turn face Ty. "And Ty,"

"Yeah." He stands up and focuses on me, while everyone either falls asleep or enters the kitchen. "Take a shower, dude."

Walking upstairs, I whisper of all the things I could say to comfort Jocelyn. I reach the top of the steps and head over to Jocelny's room, knocking lightly. "Jocelyn, please let in." The door opems slightly and Jocelyn's eyes peak through the opening. "Hi." I smile. "Can I enter the room?" The opening widens and I move in. Play the guitar for her, Jason. Do it! I say in my head. "Sit. I want to show you something." She hops onto the head of her bed and sits there watching me grab the glossey, wooden acoustic guitar.

"You play?" She slybrows at me. "Yup, and I never actually played in front of people, because I was afriad of negative critizism, but when I'm with you there's nothing that I need to worry about." Jocelyn smiles. I sit beside her and start strumming away. I might not sing very well, but I'm giving it all I have.

{Song: I Lived by OneRepublic}

Hope when you take that jump

You don't fear the fall.

Hope when the water rises

You built a wall.

Hope when the crowd screams out

They're screaming your name.

Hope if everybody runs

You choose to stay.

Hope that you fall in love

And it hurts so bad.

Only way you can know

You give it all you have.

And I hope that you don't suffer

But take the pain.

Hope when the moment comes

You'll say...

I, I did it all.

I, I did it all.

I owned every second that this world could give

I saw so many places

the things that I did.

Yeah, with every broken bone

I swear I lived.

Hope that you spend your days

But they all add up.

And when that sun goes down

Hope you raise your cup.

I wish I could witness

All your joy and all your pain.

But until my moment comes

I'll say

{repeat chorus}

woah {repeat that a few times}

With every broken bone

I swear I lived {repeat}

I, I did it all.

I, I did it all.

I owned every second

that this world could give

I saw so many places

The things that I did.

Yeah, with every broken bone.

I swear

I lived...

I end the song and look at Jocelyn, who is now fast asleepon my shoulder. "You won't be like Ava. I know it." I kiss her forehead, place the guitar back, and leave.

{Sorry for any mistakes. I'll look for them later. Leave a vote and/or a comment! Love you all c: See you in the next chapter!}