And then, she decided if I want to help her with baking. I quickly volunteered every time, those were the days when I was young and active.

‘So, have you heard from Jake? ,’ she asked me

‘Nope, not since Friday after you gave his Mum my phone number,’ I told her while I was breaking pieces of chocolate bars and put it into the pot to melt it.

‘I thought you two should have a bonding time,’

I scoffed breaking the final chocolate bar and put it in the pot and started the store, waiting for it to melt, ‘Mum, I don’t think that’s possible. His a mega superstar now and has no time for me,’

‘Don’t think that way, he’s still the same old Jake who’s still your playmate when you’re a kid,’

‘That was before he moved to Hollywood, Mum. Things are different now,’ I tried explaining

‘Are you still referring the fact that he lost contact with you since he started being famous? You’re over reacting,’

‘I’m not over reacting, Mum. To him, he’s status as a celebrity is way more important,’ I told watching the chocolate slowly melting in the pot, I took a spoon and started stirring.

‘You’re really stubborn, you know that,’ Mum added

‘Sorry Mum. I got your genes,’ I teased, well it’s truth, Mum is stubborn at times.

She smiled and nudged me on my shoulder a little. I’m happy she decided to drop the subject.

Baking this Sachertorte, takes up a long process, the recipe itself is tricky enough. But luckily Mum was able to guide me through, Mum is my savior! I could never survive this by myself. Then again, when was the last time I did baking with my Mum?

Finally, after all the mixing the soon-to-be cake is in the oven baking. This reminds me of another memory I once had, the younger me sitting in front of the oven waiting for the cake to rise up and done, I thought the baking process would be done, but I couldn’t sit still but for only 5 minutes I decided to leave the kitchen.

‘Finally, that’s settled. Now, we should clean up the kitchen, I need to prepare dinner,’ she told

‘I’ll do it, Mum. You go prepare dinner,’ I volunteered

‘Alright,’

About 45 minutes later, the cake was done. The moment it came out of the oven, the sweet smell chocolate aroma filled my nose, I couldn’t help but moan, my mouth was already watering inside. Mum puts the finishing touches by applying chocolate cream topping on top of the cake. I’m so tempted to eat it now.

‘That smells great, Mum. Let’s grab a bite!,’ I answered taking the knife but Mum slapped my hand make me ‘Ow,’ I answered

‘Not yet, this is for dessert after dinner. Your father will be back any minute now,’

I pouted at her, hoping she buys the act, but failed.

 ~~~

Dinner was divine, well the only thing that’s divine is because of Mum’s dessert, I reserved my stomach especially for the Sachertorte, and true enough it was some cake! The taste of the chocolate with apricot in my mouth instantly took me to heaven.

Dad complimented on Mum’s cooking, but I butt in saying that I helped proudly, I needed some credit from that hard work baking.

So my Sunday wasn’t so boring after all, never once I thought about Jake’s ‘surprise’, although I admit it does make me curious thinking what is it.

I heard my phone vibrated on my table. I grabbed it and stared at the screen,

1 new message

I pressed the view the message,

Have you been thinking about me?  ;) – Jake

I rolled my eyes, and typed back,

No, am I supposed to?

I pushed the button ‘Send’. A minute later, I got a reply,

Aw, I’m hurt ;( Do you have to hurt my feelings?

I replied back,

Yes ;P

And he replied,

Ow, that hurt. Anyway, are you excited for your surprise tomorrow?

I sent him back,

Wouldn’t miss it for the world. Note for sarcasm. Sent

I thought of letting you know that I’m excited for the surprise

I raised my brow in confusion reading his reply. He’s excited more than I do. Odd. I ignored that and replied him back the last time.

Whatever. It’s cue for my bed. Sent

Goodnight, Amy.

 I smiled a little reading that text. Realizing it, I brushed it off. But I tempted to reply him back ‘Goodnight’ as well.

‘Don’t do it, Amy,’ my thoughts told me. So I listened to myself and placed my phone back to my table and hurried to bed letting sleep came to me.

~~~

 I was feeling all so nervous, my eyes were alert scanning my surroundings. If Jake is planning something I am going to keep my guard up in case anything happens.

‘What’s up with you today? You’re being all paranoid for some reason,’ Cassie asked me

‘Nothing. I’m just looking around,’ I replied her with an excuse, hopefully she believed that. She stared at me for a while and shrugged it off.

Get a grip, Amy! I told myself. He’s playing with you, obviously. You know what Jake is capable of. I told myself. But I can’t help thinking what’s the surprise he’s planning on.

We walked up to the main entrance of the door, when a sound of a car skidded on the school’s packing lot, snapping both Cassie and my attention and the rest of the students who were there.

The first thing I thought to myself was ‘Who was that idiot?’. My eyes narrowed.

It was a black fancy car, branded. Not knowing what the car brand is since I’m not too familiar with cars, not my thing. But somehow, the car seems familiar to me, it’s I can’t put my head to it.

More eyes landed on that mysterious car with black tinted window, sounds of murmurs were heard by the students.

‘New student?,’ Cassie asked

‘Probably some rich kid,’ I answered not taking my eyes off the car,

The car door opened and the driver got out of the car, in an instant gasps were heard including Cassie beside me.

My heart just stopped and definitely not a good way.

******

Is it a good cliffhanger? Hmm... not sure myself. I'm so sorry it took too long for you guys, something is seriously wrong with me these past few days. And I'm sorry if the story is being too fast and forward, I'm lack of my artistic writing skills in me these past few days. And I apologized if I put too many filler chapters. I'm sorry, I feel bad now =(

I'll try to slow down the story, and I purposely put in a few filler chapters and a cliffhanger in this chapter.

I hope you guys continue voting and commenting. And I shall try to update the next chapter soon and hopefully even better. Then again, I apologized. =(