Prologue

The air was thick with blood.

I could see the being in the corner more clearly than I could see my own reflection in the pool below. He wanted death, and he would do anything he could to get it. Five hours ago this had been the man I loved, the person I had wanted to spend the rest of my life with...

Of course that was all before he changed, he became sick, scheming, and violent. All my hopes were promised when he said he loved me the night I met his parents, and all my dreams were shattered the day he stood over me, shouting my name and screaming.

This wasn't the boy I'd fallen for all those months ago, this was a demon, an entity that just wanted a thing to toy with. I had to get out of the room but how? He was blocking the door. I looked at the clock hoping it would be time for my mother to come home, but dreading what he would do if she walked through the door.

4:48pm

My heart sank, she would be home any minute. He would hurt my mother, and possibly even kill my little sister.

The moment that thought hit my mind, my body moved. I skidded across the ground at full speed as he lunged, and grabbed the nearest object. The moment I swung I knew what I had grabbed, a glass lamp our grandmother had left us, my mother was going to put it in her will. The shattered pieces flew everywhere.

By the time my mother was home, the room was stained with blood, and I had the hands of a hero... but a killer.