Chapter 4 (Just Friends)

Start from the beginning

I turn to him. "Alright fine, I give in. It's Leah. I made a mistake dude. And I completely ruined it today. Before it was just a mess, but I have completely ruined it now. She likes me, I like her, I want her, and today I technically said I just wanted to be friends."

Ryan never let's me turn away while saying these three words.

"Just tell her."

I give a deep sigh and try not to get frustrated. "I've already tried and I failed. Do you really think I wanna try again?"

"Talk to her alone and say you made a mistake. And we will see how she reacts. Good or bad, at least you got it off your back."

I think about it. I guess that is a good idea, despite me messing up. And I won't feel so bad after. But I don't wanna hear no.

"Okay, I'll wait for the right time I guess. And I will finally tell her how I feel."

Leah's P.O.V

After chasing the boys for what seems like hours; only 5 minutes, bring it on, we all collapsed on the floor.

"I will literally kill you guys." They chuckle and prop themselves on their elbows. "Sure you will... what's your name?"

I prop myself on my elbows as well. "Leah. And you guys are...?" I knew of course, I just didn't wanna be a stalker and be all like 'I know where you live' and such.

"Jason." Jason replies being his bubbly self. "And I am Ian or Derpy SSundee." I raise my eyebrow in mock confusion. "Don't ask, he's weird. He's been derping since 2010."

I chuckle at an old reference I know. "5SOS! BEEN DERPING SINCE 2011!!" Jason yelps and Ian jumps. And I laugh... see the difference?

"What the f-" I cut him off. "It's flapjack mister. Did your mom ever tell you to use different words for swearing? 'Cause mine certainly didn't."

Jason's eyebrow was raised for a few seconds before he finally caught my drift. He laughs along with me and Ian, but it doesn't last long because Mitch comes up the stairs.

"Hello Mitchell. How are you on this fine evening?" I say in a posh accent, which I am completely a master at.

"I am very good, and yourself Leah?" I laugh and reply back. "Quite fine." Mitch comes over and sits down. "Izzy will be here soon. I invited her over."

My eyes widen. "Dammit... I'm in for it now" I mutter the last part so no one could hear me. "Okay, we'll see her then."

Mitch bids farewell to all of us, but before he leaves, he mouths 'Everything good with Jerome?' and I nod my head yes.

Jason turns back to be and looks puzzled. "Don't ask Jason. It doesn't concern you."

I stand up, brushing myself off. "Let's go wait for my friend." And with that I go downstairs.

Jerome's P.O.V

I hear Leah and the guys stomping down the stairs, so I turn to the door. I see no one. I turn around. No one.

"SURPRISE!!!!" I feel tiny things hit my back and one hits my head. "Dafuq??" I spin around and there are the guys and girl with Nerf guns.

"Hi" Leah manages to squeak out before I tackle her. "RAWR!!" She burst out laughing. "Guys! Help me!!" But they are already gone. That leaves me and Leah.

"How many freaking donuts did you eat Jerome?" I lightly laugh and stop her squirming. "Enough."

We both smile and lapse into silence. I get off her, but sit criss cross applesauce on the ground. She copies me. "Leah, I really wanna tell you something and I wanna fix a mistake in the process."

"Okay. Go ahead. Just this time" she outs her hand on my shoulder. "speak slower." I smirk and agree. And I begin.

"Leah, when I said I want to be friends, I made a mistake. I don't just want to be friends, I wanna be more. I don't know if you feel the same, but I might as well try and get it off my back and I know this may sound cliché, but I want to tell you how I feel."

Leah stares at me with tears in her eyes. "Oh God, what have I done?" I put my head in my hands and wait for her to speak. But speaking is the last thing she does.

She crawls over and sits beside me, and rests her head on my shoulder. "Thank God I know you feel that way about me too" She whispers in my ear.

I take my head out of my hands and stare at her in disbelief. "Really?" She smiles and nods her head. And I don't wait another second.

I finally do what I wanted to do all night. I finally kissed her.