The Alpha and Omega

Chapter 1

The air was cold as we ran threw the woods. The pack was hunting and we were chasing deer. I'm the omega of the pack, I eat last, Im left out often,and I get a mate last. Dylan the beta pack makes the first move on our prey. In our pack he's the most likable, all the girls love him and in my mind he's just show off. All of the girls want to be chosen as his mate. Are generation is on are first hunt of spring and matting season is coming in a matter of weeks. I don't really care, I don't mind if I don't get chosen, I go out on my own most of the time anyway.

I'm not much of an omega in my eyes, I can easily out run anyone in our Generation pack. That's why I go out on my own a lot, I hunt on my own, or with my friend Jack. Jack has my best friend since we were pups, it was weird to me when he was chosen as a beta to, I thought he would drop me as a friend but hasn't since. Jack is the only one who knows what I could do, he always says if he were to become the new alpha he would put me as his only beta. That always made me a little happy in side.

Jack cuts in front of Dylan and helps him take down the buck. Once it's down a group of the girls take down a doe. Something's weird I sense something weird, like something is watching us, the sent is familiar, the smell of our alpha. I back down once I know.Craig the alpha of the pack appears from the bushes and stairs at me

He nods and says "Great cover Mia" he motions me to walk with him "great, are you ready for a mate this season?"

What? why would he be asking me this when he chose me as an omega! "Sure" I reply "but it's not like I will be chosen, I'm an omega, I don't get first pick" I've always had some sass with these idiots I've had to deal with in my life.

Craig looks down at me, he is a handsome wolf with a mix of black, grey, and white in his coat. He has a beautiful mate Shayla, and has two pups. That will be the day when his pups are chosen whether they are beta or omega, can't wait to see that!

"Being an omega is not all that bad Mia, we didn't choose you to be an beta because we thought you could be a great mate to an alpha or beta." says Craig who is so serious at times

In my head he is trying to keep me from having my doubts about my self but that's just a bunch of bull shit. So I just say "Yeah sure, your the only one who sees it that way. Being this dose not bother me I'd rather be an omega than what you could made me Craig." In a ignored tone.

Craig looks like he wants to say something back, but just says "Well that wish has came through, good day to you." and walks off to the action of the kill.

"What was that about?" Says Jack as he walks up to me

"Eh just another scrap with the alpha, not much" I say back to Jack playfully

Jack chuckles "Oh you would be a perfect alpha, you got the attitude, the strength, and the courage."

"Oh no, your starting to sound like Craig now!" I say sarcastically.

"Well I might have his spot one day, I got to start being wise, truthful, and...."

"So grown up" I cut him off

"Yea, grown up." he says doubtfully

"Hey, it's all right. you don't have to change to be a great alpha. I would rather you the new alpha than that!" I motion to Dylan.

"I know, lets get back home so we can eat."

On our way back I noticed Dylan looking at me. All of the girls are surrounding him. To me that's disgusting how they just through themselves around him. Its like he is waiting for me to give in to him to. That will be the last thing I ever do.

.