Accepting Your Death

I stare out in front of me, holding onto the letter tight. There was nothing that was going to take back the actions I've done. The letter's words crawling off the paper onto my damaged skin. Needless ink, it made me its slave. 

"I should have had them haul you off to jail." Each word being smacked against my forehead. I was afraid to look up, crinkling the paper between my cracked skin.

"Yes," I whispered, knowing I was to blame. I was the one that caused my brother to kill himself. I took a deep sigh. 

"I went past the mail box only to find this!" The woman shook the empty envelope in the air causing more creases to damage it more. But the creases were my never ending lies now exposed and bare. In my mind I only stood naked, defeated. Thought the pain, my heart collapsed under the weight of the image. My brother's hair wet and lost within the deadly shore, he had drowned. I had found him. 

"I was about to say goodnight, but no. I've been at work for too long. Finding you along the lake. Your blood was on your hands."

I didn't do it. A voice spoke. The crime letter fell from her hands. Inking the world with my name. A few word pocking from the folded paper. 

Crime: not a murder. Death caused by suicide. 

"I'm sorry."