Chapter One: The Unknown

First day of school, a day when you meet new people, a day to meet problems, a day for the unexpected.  I went to school like everybody else. I was a bit nervous and uneasy. I arrived at school very early and met my friends. Of course we were happy to see each other, because we all went on summer vacation and we never had a chance to meet up. We started to tell each other what we did during summer. Suddenly, something startled us. A white, shiny limousine was parked in front of the school. Then "he" gets off the limousine. He was tall and very handsome. There wasn't one eye not looking at him. He looked like he was dead rich. Of course he did not look at me. Why look at me when there were any more pretty girls around him? Why look at the simple, nerdy me? He passed by everyone and entered the school. What grade could he be in, what's his name, how old is he?

The bell rang, it was time for class. me and my friends hurried up to the third floor. All of a sudden, I bumped into something... or maybe a someone? All my books and papers fell to the floor. My friends kept walking without me. I was very ashamed and I fell to the floor and tried to pick up my papers. I notice that some of the papers  were not mine. I was confused and I dared to look up. There he was, laughing at me, but angry at the same time. The guy from before, the handsome kid from this morning was laughing at me. Suddenly I look around me, in just seconds there were a thousand eyes looking at me. Well, it felt like that. They were all laughing.

Then he said; -Hey! You clumsy, idiotic girl! Watch were you are looking! -

- I'm sorry... I'm sorry... - I said, while picking up my papers.

I wanted to get swallowed by the floor. I got up as fast as I could with my papers. Then I ran down the hallway, but...

- Where do you think you are going? You don't think you should pick up my papers? Since you were the one to bump into me! - he yelled while making a creepy smile.

I slowly walked back to the scene of the crime. I picked up his papers from the floor and I handed them to him. But before I could even say "sorry", he shoved the papers from the small palm of my hands. I was about to cry. I stormed down the hallway. Then heard a voice calling my name.

- Alice! Wait up! Alice...! - she yelled.

- Hanna... oh hi! - I told her while slowing down. By the way, Hanna is my best friend.

- Alice, what's the matter with you?! I told you to stop but you ignored me!! - yelled Hanna.

- What was I supposed to do? - I said. - They were all laughing, including him... it was embarrassing.-

-Who is him? - Hanna asked.

- the new kid from this morning, the handsome kid. Remember the limousine? - I said while I started to blush.

- Why are you blushing, do you like him? - Hanna asked confused.

-Me?! No!! I definitely don't like him!! - I said. - Why should I like a jerk like him?!

-You better not, after what he did to you, the least you should do is like him! - Hanna said.

I was very confused and angry at the same time. I had a strange feeling, but I didn't pay that much attention to it.

-Alice let's go to class, we are already late and we don't want to be later.

Ten minutes passed and we arrived at the classroom. I am a tenth grader, with this extremely strict teacher. Her name? Ms. Sanchez. Hanna opened the door and we entered the room. The teacher glared at us and started to yell;

-Girls you are late!!! How dare you be late for class on the first day of school?! - yelled furiously Ms. Sanchez.

- We are very sorry!! - said Hanna.