Chapter 27 - Crazier

Start from the beginning

"I can't tell you just yet, my daughter. Just wait when the time comes, I will tell you then." After she finished her sentence she disappears into thin air. Then suddenly the scene changes.

I was in middle school with Harmony at our usual table during recess.

"Felicia's approaching," she muttered, tucking the loose strand of black hair behind. Felicia was the rich kid who bullied smart students like me.

"Hey loser. Care to say something about this?" She greeted awfully, showing a snarly grin. She lifts up a magazine. 'Grace, the two-timer' is big and bold in yellow. The cover shows me and Niall and another picture of me and Harry.

This didn't even happen back then, what's happening?

"It's not your business," I managed to talk back. The girls behind her were looking — in fact everyone was staring at me.

"You're dating Harry and Niall huh? You're such a whore!" She yelled, making everyone gossip quietly to each other. Harmony gasped, looking at me in disbelief. "Look I can explain," I started defending myself.

"You liar! Niall is my boyfriend! How could you!"  she cackled, with tightness in her voice. This time, I realised something.

I've turned into Danny.

"Can't believe you never even told me about this," she continues as I turn my eyes to see Felicia smiling devishly. Everyone frowned at me, chanting monotonously, "You are a traitor, Grace." They all cornered me, walking like robots.

Stop, this has to stop.

I closed eyes to get rid of the madness that was happening everywhere. It actually worked, I was in training at the agency's shooting practice with my instructor, Mr Noah.

"Okay you have to hit the target exactly in order for you to pass today's task," he explained, holding the gun and shooting the target perfectly. "Now you try."

I quickly adjusted my stand to reach for the revolver. I gripped it hard as I pull the trigger to shoot forward. The target was about 50 metres away. The shooting paper was brought front to show the results. Turns out, I was 0.5 centimetres away from the middle.

"Not bad. but try again, until you get it perfect," Mr N cheered me on but I felt as if his words were actually pulling me down. I took my stand again, trying the best I can, pointing the gun to the circle in the middle. I flinched back as the bullet flies into the paper.

It comes back worst, I had hit outside the red and orange zone now. He gives me the sign to try again, 'until I get it right'. Once more, I shoot and this time I had passed.

"Good job, Grace. Now if you will follow me, I will bring you to Danny Waylen, the instructor for emotions. I know you would think its irrelevant but he will teach you how to get rid of your unwanted feelings for the bad guy or victim," He explained, motioning towards another room.

"Hi trainee," He greeted, showing a warm smile. I grinned back, showing my politeness. "I'll take things from here, Cory." The man tells Mr Noah to leave.

He seemed one year older than me with the blue zircon eyes and lean built he had. I guess you could say he is good looking.

"So, emotions coach guy," I told him. "What am I supposed to do here?" He chuckles, continuing, "I'm going to put this on your head, to see what emotions we have to improve when we give you a scenario."

He puts a complicated device that looked like crown, on my head. It felt uncomfortable putting it on. Quickly adjusting the device, the pain went away.