Chapter 1

April 15th 2012

"So you ready to start your first training lesson?" Leon said. "Oh before we start anything, whats your name?"

"My name is Carrie." I said slightly.

"Ok Carrie lets do this." Leon said. Leon putted up a set of targets.

"Ok first step in this for you is you to aim at the target and shoot at it. These targets are slightly light so they are easy to break apart. Once you shoot the targets, they break so be careful." Leon said. I nodded. I aimed the gun towards the target and then started to shoot. I was afraid it hitted Leon but when I opened my eyes it didnt. It actually hitted the target. At first I was scared but then I got happy.

"Good good. Now, you continue to shoot the rest of them." Leon said.

"I think this is going to be a piece of cake." I said smiling. Throughout my training, I was shooting the targets, throwing gernades and fighting off my skills. Fighting Leon was hard.

"Im too enough for you?" Leon asked.

"Nope. Your not enough for me." I said. Leon was strong. Very strong. I blocked his attacks and when he tried to kick, I finally dodged his attack and made him tripped. Leon got up and smiled.

"You completed your training." Leon said.

"ALRIGHT!!!!!!" I yelled. "Thanks Leon."

"No problem." Leon said.

"So what now?" I asked.

"Usually we dont got enough time. Basically, you can take a rest but sooner or later you have to get ready." Leon said.

"Ok where are you going to be." I asked calmly.

"Somewhere. But if you want to come along eh you can be my guest." Leon said.

"Ok sure." I said. Me and Leon started to walk. Along the way, we both was talking.

"So Carrie how old are you?" Leon asked.

"I am 14 years old." I said. "Why ask?"

"Oh nothing just asking." Leon said.

"Oh ok." I said.

"Have you ever lost someone important to you?" I asked. Leon paused for a minute. I knew he was speechless.

"Yes...I did." Leon said continuing to walk.

"Oh well who.....?" I asked.

"His name was Adam Benford. He was the president. Not only the president but my best friend. I also was very upset at that time. I wanted to cry but I sucked it in. The worst part was I had to shoot him." Leon said.

"Why you had to shoot him???!!" I asked curiously.

"Because he turned to a zombie." Leon said.

"Oh...sorry for your lost." I said.

"Yea but how about you? What is your side of the story?" Leon asked.

I had visioned about when I was little and spending sometime with my parents before they died.

"I.......I lost my parents when I was 8 years. I had nothing left but my aunt and......" I didnt finish my sentence. My eyes was watery.

"Dont want to say?" Leon asked.

"Yea....I just want to keep it quiet." I said quietly.

"Ok its fine with me." Leon said. I wiped my eyes. When we reached to the exit of the training field, I stopped.

"Are you ok??" Leon asked.

"Leon......just go without me. I......" Before I can say anything Leon touched my shoulders.

"No we stick together. We made it this far. I am going to protect you Carrie no matter whats the cause." Leon said. "Your just fine. All you basically gotta do is fight and defend yourself."

I stared at Leon for sec and then smiled.

"Yea....you are right." I said. We both smiled at each other. I kinda started to have a bond with Leon. We both lost what was important to us and we both understand each other. We was starting to become a big deal to each other  even tho we were friends. We both left the training field and then we both started to walk. Zombies was encountering our path. I took out my gun but I shivered so much that I dropped my gun. My eyes was wide open.

"CARRIE????" Leon yelled. I was to shocked to answer so I just stood there. Leon helped me. I then snapped out of it.

"Carrie why did you just stood there????" Leon asked.

"Sorry I got scared." I said.

"You couldve gotten killed!!!!" Leon shouted.

"Alright geesh what are you my father cause I dont think so!!!!" I shouted. A huge explosion errupted the both of us. There was flames and smoke was leaking through.

"We gotta get out of here!!!!!!!" I shouted. We both then ran. Zombies was coming towards our direction. Me and Leon had nowhere to hide but run. I ran as fast as I can. I was even ahead of Leon.

"Carrie wait!!!" Leon shouted.

"FOR WHAT??" I shouted. I was reall frustrated.

"BECAUSE..." I knew what Leon was going to say so I cutted him off.

"YOU KNOW WHAT. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE. I.....UGH!!!" I yelled. I then calmed down.

"Sorry Leon." I began. "I have to much on my mind right now."

"Its ok." Leon said. I felt very weak and sad at the same time. There was a cabin in front of us and we went inside. I sat down and relaxed for a bit.

"Tired?" Leon said sitting next to me.

"No just chilling." I said looking at Leon. "You know Leon. You are starting to grow me a bit."

Leon smiled. I smiled back.

"I have something to tell you Carrie." Leon said.

"What is it?" I asked. Before Leon can say anything, the cabin suddenly exploded. I was unconcious. I was so unconcious that I really couldnt see who was it. It lifted me up and carried me somewhere that I didnt notice. As soon as I woke up, I saw Leon cautious and was chained.

"Le...Leon..." I said. I tried to realize myself but the chain was unable to break. A guard came in and was holding Leon's face roughly.

"HEY LEAVE HIM ALONE." I yelled.

"SHUT UP GIRL YOU GOT NO RIGHT TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO!!!" The guard yelled back.

"Since when did you ever you had the right to say that -_-?"

I said making a face. The door opened and a whole bunch of other niggas came in.

"Oh great....this will make life more easier now...." I said sarcastically. One of them was about to hurt Leon.

"HEY!!! WHY HIM??? WHAT HAS HE EVER DONE TO YOU???" I yelled. The man then approached my face. I tried to back up.

"We want his blood." The man said.

"FOR WHAT??!!!" I yelled.

"FOR OUR OWN LIVES!!!" The man yelled back.

"DONT YELL AT ME YOU PSYCHOLOGICAL BITCH!!!" I said.

"Fiesty." The other member said. Leon then woke up.

"What....whats going on?" Leon asked.

"LEON!!!" I yelled.

"Well well...." The man said. I then got so mad that I broke the chains and beated the shit of the guards. I then helped Leon.

"Thanks." Leon said.

"Your welcome." I said.

"Lets get out of here." Leon said. I nodded. We both ran together to escape the hideout.