"I got into a fight at school. I didn't start it, but Prism helped me."

Misty is Prism's mother we talked for a little while about our day and how it went. I eventually fell asleep.

I was awoken to a soft knock on the door.
"What do you want Anna!? I'm sleeping!"

"Mom made dinner come on down and eat. Scale freak." She mumbled the last part. I groan and get up.
"I'll be back."
I get up and unlocking my door and leaving my room. I go downstairs to see my dad at one end of the table my mom to another my sister on the other side of dad my plate next to mom. And my principal on the other end of the table.

I walk over and sit next to mom.
"Hello Evan, you have a lovely home Mrs Finch."
Mr Mac said.

"Why thank you. I do believe you came all the way out here for a reason though."

"Yes Evan brought his pet to school. A snake I believe."

"He's my friend not a pet." I glared at my principal.

"Son he's an animal-"

"And we are mammals. We're all a different species. They see us as humans and dangerous. Prism is my friend not a pet his mother can also hear you."

"Forgive him we've been trying to get him into therapy."

I slumped down in my chair and stare at my food. They continue to talk when I heard a faint Movement from behind the basement door. I thin tongue slithers out of my mouth and retracts back in.
"Shh wait for his signal." I heard the voice.
I jump up and sprint to my room.
"Get him!"
The basement door bursts and three guys followed me up to my room. I make it in time to lock the door and move my desk over to put weight on it.

"Misty Prism Nix Nell. We have to leave." I say quietly.
"Evan open this door its best if you give them the snakes!"

"NEVER THEY'RE MY FRIENDS!"

"Let's wait him out he needs food eventually."
They say.

I empty my bag and stuff clothes into it. I pull on a hoodie.
'Where will we go?'
Nix asked.
I don't respond.
I quietly look out my window. I open it and crawl to the roof was right there. I look over and Nell slithers down my arm.
'They're in the family room.' She said crawling back up my arm. I help my friends get down and then I make my way down. Quickly. I run down the side walk with my friends by my side. When I was grabbed.
My friends were picked up by a rod.

"No let them go!"

A torch was lit and the flames touched Nell. He bursts up into flames and was screaming in pain.

"NELL! STOP IT LET THEM GO."

I struggle against the mans grip. Nix went up in flames next. Their cries flooded my ears. I screamed and cried as my friend were being burning alive.
Misty was next.
'Take care of yourself' she said and screamed as her scales disintegrated and became ash.
'I love you like a brother. Thank you.'
He also became ash.
"Prism!" I screamed.
I look to the ground which there were the ashes of my once living animal friends. Tears were pouring out of my. I think my contacts fell out. My eyesight got a little worse. I sink to my knees.
I couldn't help it I sobbed like a child.
"Kid calm down it's just a snake." I hear the principal. I felt a hand on my shoulder. I jump up backing away. Their killers. Mom was crying to and pushing step dads hand away from her body.
"Evan it's an animal."

"So if I burned you alive I shouldn't be put in jail."

"No Evan that doesn't-" he walks towards me. I back up quickly to keep my distance.
"Stay away from me! This is your fault you killed them! Monster! stay away from me!"

"What in the hell is going on Here!"
I look to my side to see Miss Perch on her porch. I run to her and she embraces me. I cry into her shoulder.
"Go to my garden."
She said. I nod and make my way through her house and to the back.
"That boy is like a great grandson to me. And y'all can't just go around burning living things up! This world doesn't work like that!"

I lay on the bench swing curled in a ball with a blanket over me. I was still sniffling and crating a little.
'Dear child what happened?' A yellow Burmese python asked.
"Humans killed Nex Nell Misty and Prism. They burned them alive. I tried to stop them but I wasn't strong enough." The tear spilled down my face. The other two snake came around. One was a big lovely green garden snake. The other was the cobra.
'It's all right your with us.'

I close my eyes and sleep.