In the house, the Maa prepared a hot jacuzzi bath for me and the Paa made me wear his oversized shirt and jacket. I was served hot soup to keep me warm. They were so parentlike to me, I couldn't help but shed tears of pain. Why are my parents not like them? Why am I living life like an orphan when my parents are still alive and healthy? Why?

Shlush dadu, why are you kla-yin (crying)? *Anisa asked. I don't know why she chose to call me shlush dadu instead of Ammar, but she has been calling me that ever since I came into their house.

I am not crying.

You are.

That was water dripping from my hair
kid.

Maa told me it's very bad to lie. *She wiped my tears with her thumb.

It felt so good to have someone that genuinely care about my tears. It felt so good.

I should leave. Tell your Maa and Paa that I left. *I proceeded to the exit without waiting for her to talk.

Years passed by and my life changed after that. Maa and Paa changed my view on the definition of parents. They spent time with me, take me shopping with them, made me feel special on my birthdays, fed me with their delicious dishes, all those little stuffs my parents didn't do.

Anisa became more than just a sister, she became a bestfriend, first love and a soulmate. She introduced me to her cousin Aslam who happened to attend the same school with me. She changed me from an introvert to an extrovert. We spent every blessed day together. My mom and dad will always buy stuffs in twos, one for me and the other for Anisa. We were inseparable and our destinities were entwined. She was 5 years younger than me but the age difference was nothing more than numbers.

12 years later.
We huddled out of the gusty winter wind into Starbucks for our spiced pumpkin lattes. Inside was toasty warm and we sipped as we spoke. Glancing out at the hazy fog, we were glad that we were cosseted in leather chairs. Seasonal music made the atmosphere jolly and we were reluctant to return to the ice cold chill outside.

Shlush dadu. *Anisa called. It has been 12 good years but she still called me that name. I came to love the name though, it became so special. It was unique.

Yes milady.

We are leaving. Paa was transferred back to Nigeria.

At that moment, I felt like millions of arrows pierced into my heart. It felt like my life was coming to an end. It felt so unreal, it was so unimaginable and unbearable.

Who will ride my bicycle and my horse with me? Who will cook with me in the kitchen while we dance to the songs we sing ourselves? Who will pack lunchboxes and take them to me even though I was in college? Who will go out for night strolls with me and bug me to buy scoops of icecream no matter how chilly the weather was? Who will listen to my stupid silly jokes and laugh at my baby pictures? Who will tell me it's okay, I am here and I love you? Who?

A week after, Anisa and her family flew back to Nigeria. My life changed but our love still remained the same. We will talk on skype for hours and we will tell each other how our day went. I came to realise that Aslam had feelings for Anisa but eventually gave up because he wouldn't want to come between us.

Two years passed and I was soon finishing my masters degree on Computer Software Engineering along with Aslam. Anisa was in her first year studying Business admin in Rayville. She so much loved her course, she will always tell me how she is going to start up her own business after graduation. The distance didn't change our love for each other. We craved for each others presence every second.

One Sunday evening, Anisa and I were talking on skype about my trip back to Nigeria. I was done with my masters degree at the age of 24, so I asked Dad to let me take care of the Shashi group branch in Abuja. It was more like an excuse to be with Anisa though.

Can't wait to see how pretty my baby had grown. *I beamed.

Can't wait to see my Shlush dadu. I missed you.

I missed you more. Let's get married when I am back. *I winked.

Not before I get my Business admin certificate. *She rolled her eyes.

God, she loves the certificate more than me.

Certificate is bae.

That's cruel.

It's not.

It is.

It's not.

I love you more than my certificate.

I love my you more than my dog.

The joke was not funny.

I know. *She stuck out her tongue.

Flight at midnight, see yah tomorrow pumpkin.

Will pick you up together with Maa and Paa at the airport.

I can't wait.

Me too.

Muah #blow kisses.

And the Macbook flipped close. Packing was done and the private jet was waiting at the airport.
Adieu London, Hello Nigeria.

End of chapter.

Hello darlings. How are you all and your lives? Good Alhamdulillah.

So how about the flashback, met Anisa huh. Anisa is a darling, any gentleman falling for her?

So, Ammar's life wasn't at all perfect even after being the heir of Shashi groups. Life is not all about riches, it's about Love. All we need are people to talk to and love to share. Wealth spices up life but Love makes life worth living.

How about reading some more to find out what happened to Ammar's old love story and what will happen to his new love story.

Put a smile on my face by voting, commenting and sharing❤ I love you all❤

Fatima👸