Chapter 2

Wet hair, water dripping down his neck following his chest line. A quick question in her head. Does he ever put his shirt on? Not that I want him to wear one right now. Feeling the threat of unconsciousness she seemed to repositioned herself.

 she replied, “Hey!”

 “I guess this place finally owned its regular customer.” She noticed that his voice was quite calm.

“Yep! This place is nice. I think I will be loyal to them for a while” she smiled.

“That’s so nice of you………………..By the way, is there any chance that you remember me?” His innocence can be clearly heard.

“I believe I do. I don’t know your name, though. But hey! You were amazing the other night. ”

“wait, what?..... I ahh! What?” ohh so he can also manage to sound cute. Impressive.

“Sorry, I left without any words in the morning but I must say you were unpredictably, umm what should I say……great”, she let out a heavy sigh with a complementing notorious grin.

“are you sure that was me?”. He had no idea what she was talking about. He was clueless and his eyes widened when She let out a heavy laugh. Letting him drown in the misery.

“you fell hard for that. Didn’t you………….you should see your face. You look like someone slapped right in your face.” She was trying hard not to laugh but she couldn’t help it but burst out even louder. 

*

She pulled herself out of the chair and headed towards the counter. She didn’t see clearly but she was sure that the old man was flipping through some old stuff that he took out from the drawer. Seems like a old dusted album or might be a diary. She cleared her throat, trying to get his eyes on her.

“whats the matter Young lady?”, he asked.

“well, shouldn’t I be paying for that coffee?” she raised her eyebrow.

“you sound so interested in paying but I don’t remember how much I used to say for a cup of coffee.” Minding his own business, he again tilted his head back to that old book and flipped a page.

 “what? Sorry if I am distracting you but it cant be like you are opening a free coffee shop? I gotta pay for that.”

“Look! This place is closed. Its been months. Last time you didn’t ordered anything so I let you stay there. This time you ordered a coffee, be grateful that I was in a good mood and said its just a coffee and served it to you. So, you don’t have to pay ok! Now leave! I am busy.” this time she looked both surprised and concerned as she too felt the annoyance in his voice.

“but I am new in this town. how am i suppossed to know that?” She didn’t wait a second to say that, slenderly in a high tone than normal.

Feeling little disturbed, the old man looked her right in the eye and asked, “whats your name young lady?”

“it’s Nina”

“Nina!...........huh? Did I heard it right?.....................nice name….. now leave…………….and you can call me Tom, if you ever intended to come here again and bother me. For now, just leave.” He never looked back like his eyes were glued to that book in his hand. 

What's wrong with him. He seemed so nice earlier. she mumbled.

*

She made her way towards the little stair that the pub had which meant to lead toward the shore. But she couldn't leave without having a last glance at him. He was still there.