Chapter 7 - A Little Favor

Start from the beginning

"You were in the middle of making out, aren't you?"
"Mhm..what do you want for me?"
"I need you to look after Harper while I'm gone for a day"
"Is that a favor or an order?"
"Stop bitching Ana! this is important. I have to work"
"So am I! I have school"
"Ugh, you're no help. I hate your ass"
"Yeah because mine's bigger, whatever. He's actually about to take my shirt off, thanks for disturbing"
"Liza!!!!"

She hung up the call, giggling. She's such a brat.

I can't think of anyone to text but then.

My naughty and stubborn side made me send a text to someone.

I couldn't stop.

She is addicting.

Jennifer's POV

I unlocked my phone to view Leah's message.

"Jennifer?" Is just what written on it.

You know, I hate when people do that. I get nervous and scared for what they about to say, like why could they just type the whole thing instead of just a name.

"Can I call you?" She sent another one before I could text my reply.

I was about to type Okay, but she called.

I answered it immediately, "Hey, what's up" I said.

"Heyyy. I'm good, how about you?"
"Okay what's with this random call all of a sudden. You're scaring me"
"Okay now I'm scared"
"What? Why- oh you need something" I said in a teasing tone.
"Oh god, it wasn't just like that!! I don't think it's that bad, well for me at least"
"I'm just kidding. What is it?"
"You like Harper?"

I got excited hearing about it.

"Yes, Harper! He is just the cutest. Why are you asking me this?"
"Is it too much for me to ask if you could watch him for me for a day?" I could sense the uncertainty in her tone when she asked that.
"Are you kidding? I love dogs, of course I could to that for you"
"Really? Do you think Gino would mind?
"No, it's not a big deal. But where are you going though?"
"It's my work. I had to be there for a long time, we're solving this huge case for months now. We finally got some information about the lead suspect. Thank God"
"Mhm..alright detective. Listen you could drop him anytime here, you know where to find me of course"
"I owe you pizza, ice cream, movies or something like that"
"Yeah you owe me big time" I joked.
"Bye Jennifer, thank you"
"Bye detective Remini"

That sounded good coming from my mouth.

I rinsed myself and wrapped myself in my robe. Meanwhile, I ate dinner, well if you'd consider cereal as a full meal. I couldn't leave without it, they're just my fave especially Lucky Charms. I realized how childish I sounded.

After eating, I brushed my teeth and went straight to bed. I don't remember Gino laying beside me, maybe he is currently passed out on the couch right now. The next morning, I woke up still sleepy but Gino has work today, I have to prepare his breakfast. I washed my face and applied a little concealer, Leah's coming later. We can't let her see. I went downstairs to cook. My bruises is healing on my face now but the recent one on my stomach and arms are still aching, I'll put some heating pad over them later.

Gino woke up from the couch, looking terrible. I hope he's not in a bad mood today. He went upstairs and later came back down, all dressed up. I made his coffee and serve him breakfast as he sat down on the chair. I need to tell him about the dog, I don't want him to get mad at me later. "Baby, Leah's dropping her dog later. She asked me if I could watch him for a day, is it okay?" I bit my lip, feeling unsure of what he'll say. He looks at me and don't say anything. "Gino?"