The Meeting

He suddenly began to walk at a faster pace as he saw a tinge of purple further down the passage. There was no one else there from what he could see. Which did nothing to settle his already raging nerves. He abruptly stopped dead in his tracks and sat down in the centre just below a pair of lights, one blue, one lilac or a simple purple as the mystery person called it. He heard the light clicking of heals against the stone floor and he looked up to see the one person he never thought he would. Hermione Granger stood over him with the same shocked and tired expression he wore himself. Her hair was tousled and robes rumpled and creased, almost as much as his own. He decided he might aswell stand up and break the silence or no one ever would.

"Close your mouth Granger, you're gonna catch flies. And I have 3 questions for you.

1 do you know whats going on ?

2 do you know who did this ? And

3 how are you my soul mate ? "

She quickly closed her mouth and opened it once again, ready to speak, however no sound was going to be released, she suddenly decided what she was going to say and began

" 1 no I do not know what is going on, 2 once again no I do not know who is responsible for this. And finally 3 , I was going to ask you the same thing "

She crossed her arms to begin thinking and Draco noticed the way her hair shined in the weak candle ligt and he grimaced inwardly at the small twinge he felt when he finally saw her beauty.

Her long locks had been tamed over the years and was no longer the birds nest upon her head but soft bouncy curls that were now cascading down her back and cupping her petite face . Her frame was small , skinny and strong , she held herself as if she were preparing for a fight . She was not very tall at all , she only reached just below his shoulders , so she was just the right size for intimidation or perhaps , dare he eve think it , a hug ?

" why are you staring at me ? Malfoy ? Malfoy ? Draco!" She had shouted , attempting to break the silence that had dawned over them and in the process making a certain slytherin jump out of his skin .

"Did ...did ...di...did you just call me draco?" He eventually maneged to stutter out .

"You wouldnt answer me , it was the only way to get your attention " she replied , glad to be in control of her own voice for once . The amount of times she had crumbled under shock , stress or agitation and had uttered out complete giberish was too many to count . When she looked up at the slytherin before her , he was looking directly at her their eyes connected for what felt like hours , but it was only but a minute . She decided it would do no harm to take a step closer to the teen before her and maneged to work up the courage to do just that . She was now close enough to smell his cologne and aftershave , the smell was amazing, strong and a complete sense destroyer for the weak minded females that came in to contact with this poised gentlemen . She fidgeted on the spot for a while , unsure of what to do next .

He noticed her nerves and decided that now or never would be the only option for either of them now .

"Have you got your note with you ....hmm...Hermione ?"

"Yes I have ....Draco" she replied , quite shocked that he had used her first name instead of any others .

" could I see it ?" He inquired

"Of course " she replied with a gentle smile to the boy