Draft Day

"Sweetie wake up" my Mom said handing me a bowl of cereal.  "Wow Mom you get a great view of the building from this apartment" I say slurping the milk out of the bottom of the bowl.  "By the way Denver I bought you a new suit" Mom said pulling clothes out of a bag.  I sighed and walked over to try the suit on.  After I got away from my Mom I walked down to the restaurant.  People were high fiving me and asking me for an autograph.  I sat down next to a man in a flashy suit..  "Kid, as long as you are a lottery pick people are going to do that to you" the man said.  "Who are you sir?" I asked trying to get a good look at his hidden face.  "They call me Diesel but you can call me Shaq".  It was Shaq he was one of the greats.  "Shaq it is so nice to meet you" I say shaking his hand.  "No the pleasure's all mine rookie" Shaq says patting me on the back.  I was still shocked that I was meeting Shaq when all of a sudden Allen Iverson walks over and pats me on the shoulder.  "Hey point guard brother" Iverson says smiling at me. "Now you know if you go to Philadelphia and break my scoring record I am going to lace my shoes up and come back" Iverson says jokingly.  I felt like I was on cloud nine with these two greats beside me.   We talked forever, before I knew it, it  was two o'clock, it  was time to go the autograph signings and interviews.  I walked in the doors and I was bombarded with people asking me so many questions about injuries and scoring.  Finally a security guard backed everyone away from me and the other possible dratfies.  They took us to a large room where we could talk to people in peace.  I immediately ran over and talked to some of the coaches that made it into the room.  I tried to convince them to look at my draft stock and I thought maybe if I talked myself up I might go first in the draft.  I wanted to talk to coaches that had the top three picks like the Philadelphia, LA Lakers, and the Celtics.  Even though I only got to talk to two coaches I think I got my point across to both of them.  After two hours they escorted us to the draft, we all were assigned tables.  Mine was as close as you could get to the podium where they announced the names of the draftees.  The draft was about to start any minute now.  Four hours later........ I still wasn't drafted and the NBA commissioner was on the last pick of the draft.   " With the sixtieth pick of the NBA draft the Golden State Warriors select........ To be Continued.