Chapter 2 - Flight 4021

The TARDIS landed in the basement of the airport and the Doctor and Rose step outside, closing and locking the doors behind them. They go upstairs and joined up with everyone at Gate 13. Sam was studying a spell while Dean shifted uncomfortably in his chair.

“Y’alright, there?” Rose asks Dean as she sits down next to him.

“No, not really,” Dean answers.

“What’s wrong?” Sam asks as he sits down on the other side of Dean.

“Well, I kind of have this problem with, uh…”

“Flying?” Rose asks.

“Its never been an issue until now!”

“You’re joking, right?” Sam scoffs.

“Do I look like I’m joking? Why do you think I drive everywhere, Sam?”

“Then you can stay here,” Rose suggests.

“Wait, what? Are you nuts? You said it yourself, the plane’s gonna crash,” Dean argues.

“So what are you gonna do, Dean? Huh?” Sam asks, growing impatient.

“Fine, I’ll come…” Dean gives in reluctantly.

Sam and Dean grab their materials as everyone starts boarding the plane. They find their seats and sit down, studying everyone that’s boarding to see who was possessed. Once everyone was ready, the plane starts to move and tenses up. It takes off as Dean starts to hum softly to himself.

“Are you humming to yourself?” Rose asks across the walkway, sitting next to the Doctor, their hands joined.

“You’re humming Metallica?” Sam asks, laughing lightly.

“Calms me down,” Dean answers briefly before continuing.

“Look, I know you’re nervous Dean, but we need to focus. This plane is going to crash in 32 minutes unless we track this thing and you guys take over with getting rid of it,” Rose says gently.

“Yeah, on a crowded plane, I don’t see how we’ll do that without attracting attention. I hope you’ve thought about that,” Sherlock says from behind them, John next to him and looking out the window.

“One step at a time, guys,” the Doctor jumps in, “right, now who is it possessing?”

“Well if it possessing someone, it would obviously be someone with some sort of weakness and that girl in the back survived the last flight that crashed so she’d be pretty messed up,” Sherlock says.

Dean glances at the back of the plane to the girl. “That’s Amanda back there, so I’ll go talk to her, and, uh, I’ll get a read on her mental state.”

“What if she’s already possessed?” Rose asks.

“There are ways to test that,” Dean says as he pulls a small silver tin out of his jacket pocket labeled, ‘Holy Water.’

Sam grabs it out of Dean’s hand and tucks it inside his hoodie, “I think we could be more subtle. If she’s possessed, she’ll flinch at the name of God.”

“So you just say ‘God’ and everything goes nuts?” Rose aks.

As Dean gets up, Sam answers, “you’d say it in Latin so it would be ‘Christo.’”

“Oh, nice,” Rose comments, gathering the information as she looks at the Doctor.

The Doctor looks at her and smiles, “this is something new, they have a lot of good information we could use…” he trails off with other reasons, but Rose gets distracted by his voice and gazes at him.