Finally (Part 11)

Start from the beginning

"Lucky Peggy, at least she gets to spend the day with Steve still." You pout.

"Most of it," he corrects you.

"Still." You sigh.

"I'll have to take all of you there one day and show you around," he says more happily.

"Yes!" Luke gasps excitedly.

"Oh that would be fun!" You agree. "Especially if I get to see you work out and train," you add with a smirk.

"Trust me doll, it's just a whole lot of sweat and grunting and testosterone." He laughs.

"All the better." You quirk an eyebrow.

"It's pretty brutal if it's going to carry on how it did today. You'd probably freak out and want me to stop if you watched." Bucky goes on to tease. "The trainers don't exactly pull their punches and they make us run the miles and lift the weights enough to put even our enhanced abilities to the test. Right now I'm okay but I'm not sure if I'll be able to walk in the morning," he jokes.

"So what are you actually doing there all day? You can't tell me you train for nine hours straight." You ask.

"Well today we had a tour which took about an hour and then got into the normal routine so from now on I shouldn't be this late," he starts.

"Good because I missed you," you interrupt.

He gives you a smile before continuing. "So we pretty much train with trainers for weapons in the morning, go over and talk about possible tactics and different scenarios after that, then just before lunch me and Steve go for our own workout just before lunch doing whatever we want like cardio and weights, then look into weapons and mechanics and technology and all that after lunch before one last combat training session at the end of the day. And apparently whenever we are going to be going on mission we will spend the time leading up to it learning about the area, talking official tactics and practicing with weapons and all that kind of stuff."

"Wow that sounds intense," you say taken aback.

"It is, I'm exhausted." He nods.

"But you seem to be in a very good mood. Did you enjoy it?" you ask hopefully.

"Oh yeah, it was actually really interesting and just a completely different atmosphere to the army," he explains.

"That's good!" You smile happily.

After dinner it isn't long before you can tell that the day is catching up to Bucky and unsurprisingly he soon heads to bed, at pretty much the same time as the kids. Now that you're pregnant you get tired very early on too so it works out not too bad as you just follow him and snuggle together.

"Sorry, I forgot to ask, how was your day?" Bucky mumbles amongst the darkness.

"Good, Luke went to school like usual so Isla and I had the house to ourselves. Actually I don't really think I felt sick at all today either so that's always a bonus." You shrug.

"That's great, hopefully maybe the morning sickness is going then." He sighs.

"I don't know, it's still very early on," you point out.

"I know, I'm just really excited and want this next nine months to hurry up," he whispers and presses a kiss to your temple and places his flesh hand on your belly.

He seems to be making a habit out of this and you love it.

"Well you're already over a month down so there you go." You smile and cuddle in closer to him.

                               ~~~~

The next couple of months consist of Bucky training intensely while you stay home and look after the kids. It isn't actually that bad, the hours are like he is working a normal job.

Although he does always come home absolutely exhausted and sometimes even a little beat up. More than once he has fallen asleep on the couch before dinner so you have just tucked him up in a blanket and left him there. He always makes his way to bed eventually however and even though he won't admit it you're pretty sure it's from his nightmares. You can tell from the way beads of sweat trickle down his forehead and temples, his eyes are dilated and his breathing is a little heavy.

His nightmares seem to have died down a bit, they don't come every night now and some are worse than others. You can't help but start to think and wonder if maybe this is actually good for him, a way to channel his insecurities.

Plus, he's gaining more weight and looking more like his old self. Except now he's even more muscly and toned and fit looking. Just one of the bonuses of the super soldier serum is that all of that kind of stuff happens quickly. Him and Steve seem to be of a very similar build now.