Three

"What in Merlin's name happened to you?" Daisy exclaimed. Odessa had just walked into their dormitory, a cherry red bruise blossoming on her cheek, as well as a small cut on her lower lip.

"Nothing, I'm fine," Odessa said as she started to get ready for bed. Her voice remained strong but she was tired and just ready to sleep.

"Who did this to you? We should tell the headmaster or something!" Daisy sat on her bed, gesturing wildly with her hands.

"Daisy, I'm okay. I just need to go to sleep," Odessa said. She didn't like it when people worried about her, besides she really was fine, although that could be because of the adrenaline still coursing through her veins. Daisy huffed before getting into her bed. Odessa combed her brunette tresses and brushed her teeth before getting into her own bed. She closed the curtains around her bed before taking a deep breath. She could have cried, but she didn't. She knew there was no point: crying wasn't gonna fix the pain in her cheek.

~***~

Newt was shocked. His grip on his book loosened as he rushed forward to look at the damage inflicted on his friend's face.

"Odessa! What happened?" Newt exclaimed. He hesitated to reach for Odessa's face but he gently grasped her chin to study her face.

"Nothing, I'm totally fine!" Odessa laughed.

"You are not!"

"Newt, there's no reason to worry," Odessa softly took his hand away from her face. Newt's eyes furrowed into an expression Odessa had never seen on him before.

"D-did the Zambinis do that to you?"

"No!" Odessa brushed him off, "They stood guard while a girl named Annabelle did this," she finished with a shrug. Newt huffed. He felt angry but he knew there was nothing he could do- the damage was already done.

"Why would someone do such a thing?" The boy said.

"Yeah, well you should see what I did to 'poor' Annabelle Lorcox!" Odessa cheered as she grabbed Newt's hand and led him through the corridors. After climbing a couple of stairs they came to a window overlooking the courtyard. Odessa's eyes scanned over the students milling around in the fresh spring air. She pointed out of the window at a blonde girl in a small group of students.

"That's her, look at her face!" She whisper-shouted. Newt looked at the girl and noticed dark spots around both her eyes.

"I punched her straight in the nose, jackpot!" Odessa giggled and Newt couldn't help but laugh with her.

~***~

"So you've been hanging out with Newt for a while now," Daisy pointed out. Odessa shrugged but didn't take her eyes off of her book. "When are you gonna ask him out?" The redhead casually asked as she took a sip from her pumpkin juice. Odessa choked on her own spit.

"What are you talking about?" She hissed.

"I'm talking about how you are so obviously taken with him! Just ask him to be your date to the Hogsmeade trip this weekend," It was Daisy's turn to shrug. Odessa's cheeks bloomed red and she twirled her hair around her finger.

"I don't know, Daisy. Why would he wanna go as my date when we can just go as friends like we did last time?"

"Because you like him and when you're on a date you can snog him."

"Daisy!" Odessa exclaimed, her cheeks becoming redder. "You can't snog on a first date!"

Daisy snorted, "Maybe you can't."

~***~

Newt couldn't concentrate on his drawing because Odessa's foot was tapping too loudly on the ground. She sat next to him in the great hall, staring at a piece of parchment. She seemed to be nervous about something.

"Are you alright, Odessa" Newt stopped what he was doing and looked at his friend. She remained glued in her position as if she didn't hear him. "Odessa!" Newt said louder as he tapped on the table in front of him.

"Huh?" Odessa finally emerged from her stupor and blinked up at Newt. "I'm sorry did you say something?" Newt chuckled at her and put down his quill.

"You seem nervous, a-are you alright?" He asked. Odessa's cheeks redden and she started to twirl her hair around her finger.

    "Oh, I'm fine," she said as she shook her self out of whatever her mind had brought her. She was trying to muster up the courage to ask Newt on a date, though she couldn't get the words out. The boy in question nodded but didn't seem convinced. Odessa took a deep breath. "Actually, I have a question I want to ask you." Odessa started to gather her things, in case things didn't go as planned.

  "Go on," Newt encouraged.

    "Well there's a Hogsmeade trip this weekend and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me."

  "Well, of co-"

    "As a date!" Odessa rushed out. Newt didn't answer for a moment, still trying to understand that she was asking him on an actual date. His eyebrows furrowed in thought and Odessa sank into her chair. "If you don't want to-"

  "No!" Newt exclaimed suddenly, as he blushed at his own outburst, "I-I mean no, I do want t-to go on a date with you." Newt's lips quirked up into an awkward smile. Odessa laughed in excitement and threw her arms around the boy.

    "Thank Godric! I was so nervous!" She giggled as she let go.

  "W-well how could I say no?"

~***~

    Odessa was ecstatic! She was practically skipping from class to class the entire day! Daisy was highly amused by her friend's antics. She did refrain from saying 'I told you so' when Odessa came back to the dormitory bursting at the seams with joy.

  "I told you that he would say yes." Well, Daisy tried to stay quiet. Odessa rolled her eyes.

    "Yes, you did, Daisy! And, for once, I'm glad I listened to you!" The girl snickered as Daisy's mouth fell agape in mock offense.

  "Well, that's the last time I give you advise!" The two girls dissolved into laughter only ceasing when another girl in their dorm shushed them.

    "Have you figured out what you're gonna wear this weekend for your hot date?" Daisy whispered. Odessa quietly groaned.

  "I'm just gonna wear normal clothes, and stop saying suggestive things about Newton!"

    "Oh, Newton! Hold me tighter!" Daisy mocked.

  "Shut up, you git!" Odessa hissed through gritted teeth as she tossed a pillow at her.