Every year a weekend before school starts we go out and spend the night at Claire's parents' vacation house out in Blue River Forest. Usually it's us five but this year the boys decided to drop by and drink some beers with us for the night. We all decided it was fine, seeing as everyone's senior year was coming up and we needed one last hoora' before the school year that possibly meant losing each other.

Of course Greer was down for having cute boys here and Claire was too. I was okay with it because Brett had come along just to see me. He might have also added he wanted to have some free booze and get a little alone time with me, or maybe Vanessa.

But Claire was right. There was a guy named Conner coming to our school and of course that is the rage of the high school because we never get new kids. The tendency is to get kids with a record or a past of big achievements; however, no one really knew anything about Conner. But when we get new kids who are mysterious and no one knows anything about them they all jump to conclusions on what kind of guy he was going to be.

The math geeks believe he is a six foot, brown headed, algebra genius. The jocks think he is going to be a muscular guy who can tackle three guys at a time. The preps think he is going to be a new social figure for the town. I, on the other hand knew these were all lies; I didn't tell anyone but I knew Conner from a few years back.

---------

It was the summer of my sophomore year, my parents wanted to celebrate my father's promotion from his shittiest job to his less than shitty job. Being an automechanic doesn't have a lot of perks in this town, but two towns over is a town with a humungous population and not so many skilled workers. We all went to Tennessee, as a family (me, my parents, and three younger sisters).

My family and I were walking one of the streets, tourists were absolutely everywhere. Somehow this guy managed to get my attention, he stood in one of the stores, he stood about six foot tall with chocolate brown hair, a square jaw line, and brown eyes peered through his curly, shaggy hair. The guy caught me starring at him and flashed me a smile.

I felt my phone vibrate, slowly I pulled it out of my pocket and saw it was a text from Brett. Him and I had been talking for a few weeks. "Listen, I know you're away, but I just can't wait until you get back. Will you go out with me?" Without really paying much attention to what was said I sent yes back to him.

"Okay, we're trusting you all to come back to the hotel by 11; we made dinner reservations that we can't really cancel, and there's no point in keeping you all cooped up in the hotel room all day," My mom explained as this guy and I continued to stare at each other as tourists occasionally cut off our vision of each other. My parents soon left, leaving myself and my sisters, who are only a year younger than me, standing there; luckily our hotel is only a block away.

"Mom and dad are using that as an excuse to go and have sex," one said with a giggle. I looked at my triplet sisters in shock as the other two joined in with the giggling.

"I'm going to go into this store," I said motioning toward the store the guy was in. Slowly, I walked over to the store I could feel eyes on me. Mainly because I was dressed in my best wear and this was just a rundown corner store.

I looked for the mysterious guy who had been looking at me, no where to be seen. I walked past the narrow aisles, my purse brushing against the shelves. I looked down and saw a cockroach making me jump and pushing some boxes onto the ground. I could see a old man starring at me with disapproval. What the hell did I do to him? I picked up the boxes and set them onto the shelf as neatly as possible.

I decided this was a bad idea so I made my way to the store door and still the guy was no one where to be found. As I opened the door there was suddenly a hand around my wrist. Startled I tried to pull away but the person just pulled me in, I was close to him. I looked up and it was the guy eyeing me from earlier but instead of my face now it was my chest or at least I thought he was. He took his other hand and stuck it in my purse.