Finley "Finn" Nelson

Comenzar desde el principio

Episode 3: Girls

Rae wants to be friends with Finn, but Finn tells her he can't just be friends with her right now, and she keeps her distance from him. He is seen in the common room as Rae chooses to put on the Backstreet Boys instead The Stone Roses album in order toplease her new friends.

Episode 4: Friday

Finn and Rae rekindle their friendship as Finn offers Rae self defense classes. They talkabout other relationships they are having and Finn tells Rae he has a date with a friend that weekend, followed by Rae accidentally punching him in the face.

Episode 5: Inappropriate Adult

Finn starts up a relationship with Olivia; a 24 year old woman who loves Bailey's. Their relationship is short and ends because Finn is still likes Rae. Finn goes to Rae's telling her about how him and Olivia broke up as well as how he dislikes college, and has a job offer in Leeds with his uncle. He asks her if he has any reason to stay, getting no answer. Their conversation ends with Rae needing to leave, as she tells him "...to be continued" Finn leaves for Leeds for the job offer without saying goodbye.

Episode 6: Not I

Finn is mentioned in Chloe's diary often, as she continues to crush on him, despite knowing he likes Rae.

Episode 7: Glue

After not speaking to Rae, he sends her a letter from Leeds, telling her how she is the glue of the gang. Finn finally returns home and meets Rae at the hospital. He spells"Hi" on her leg. As Finn and Rae stay at the hospital, he discovers she dropped out of college, and that she believes everyone thinks she's crazy. He tells her how everyone is crazy, that everyone has to struggle and Finn and Rae finally have sex fight, they just haven't realized it yet. He finally tells her why he likes her, because she is strong, she just doesn't know that yet. Finn is seen at the pub again with the regrouped gang and asks to talk to Rae, upset when she says she doesn't want to talk. But later, he is found in her room, Rae is in her bathrobe, and him saying "this is much better than talking" as Rae replies with "Yeah, well when I say to be continued, I mean to be continued." Rae finally undresses in front of him and it is assumed they have sex.

Relationships

Rae

At the beginning of season one, Finn and Rae both feel a strong sense of dislike for each other

At the beginning of season one, Finn and Rae both feel a strong sense of dislike for each other. Finn is initially unwelcoming and cold, and Rae reacts to this by choosing to avoid him. As the series progresses, however, hints are given that point toward Finn developing feelings for Rae - for example, he defends her from a gang of bullies in Episode Three, "Ladies and Gentlemen".Finn and Rae off to the rave in "It's a Wonderful Rae"Rae and Finn eventually become close friends; they develop a method of communication that involves using their fingers to trace letters on one another. Rae crushes on him and then realises she loves him, and in the final episode of the series, Finn tells Rae he likes her using their secret language. In Series 2, their relationship officially becomes a romantic one and they are boyfriend and girlfriend. But by Episode 2, Rae's insecurities about her body and what others might say about their relationship leads Rae to breaking up with Finn, who is heartbroken. Rae tells Finn that she wants to"just be friends". In the beginning of their break up, Finn and Rae are distant, as they finally rekindle their friendship, as Finn and Rae's relationship is still close. Rae still figures that though she still has strong feelings for Finn, it's not fair that she can't undress in front of him. Though in the series final,Rae conquers her fears of intimacy and the two have sex for the first time.