I Thought You Were Mine

"Phillipa , can we talk?" said Phillipa Soo's fiance, Steven Pasquale.
"Um, sure," Pippa responded, a bit worried. Steve rarely called her Phillipa. She walked towards him and placed a hand on his shoulder. To her suprise, he stiffened at her touch. Wounded, she drew away.
"Everything okay?" Pippa said.
"Not really. I need to tell you something." Steve avoided Pippa gaze.
"Now I'm worried."
Steve looked up finally and looked at Pippa squarely in the eye. His penetrating look made her nervous and she fidgeted.
"Pippa..... I don't really know how to say this but I'm going to. When I was shooting Doubt, a couple of my coworkers and I went out to a bar and I got drunk. Probably too drunk."
Steven sighed.
"The thing is, I met this girl. I didn't love her, or even like her. But I hooked up with her. And she's pregnant."
"What?" Pippa whispered.
"I'm sorry, Pippa. It was a mistake. I was drunk!"
"How could you, Steven? I trusted you! I even loved you!"
"Babe-"
"Don't call me that."
"Phillipa. I love you. Not her. Please forgive me."
"You should have thought of that before you went to a bar and got some girl pregnant! Did she even know you were engaged?"
"Pippa-"
" Did she?!"
Steven sighed and shifted his weight to his other foot. "Yes."
Pippa shook her head and sighed.
"You know what? You guys aren't even worth it. We're done, Steven."
"Pippa, don't do this! Just give me another chance!"
"Enough is enough, Steve. Again and again you keep letting me down and I keep letting you back in. Not happening again."
With that, Pippa grabbed her purse and stormed out of the apartment and onto the NY street. She buried her face on her hands and cried.
"Pippa?" A voice behind her said.