"I understand-"

"No, you don't," Melody interjected. "You're parents loved you!" Melody pointed to herself. "Mine? They didn't even care enough to stay with me or love me. My own brother hated me for years because of what my father did to us. He blamed me." Her voice cracked again as more tears streamed down her face. "I was broken from the start. And I'm never going to be fixed."

Melody turned and walked away and this time Emma didn't follow.

---

Neverland

One kick and the Lost Boy fell to the ground. Pan scoffed and rolled his eyes as he watched the Lost Boys train. Of course, they were losing their touch, it had been years since the pirates left, which meant it had been years since they've had an actual fight. Sure the mermaids were around but all it took was one idiot of a Lost Boy to go into the water and be drowned by the wicked creatures to ruin the fun.

"They're not doing so great," Felix observed from beside Pan.

"Well it's been years since the pirates left," Pan pointed out, crossing his arm over his chest.

All the waiting was boring him out. But the immortal boy knew he had to be patient. And it didn't help when he had found out that Cora had kidnapped his daughter. The shadow had convinced him to leave the older woman alone and that it would go and check on Melody. However, the shadow had not returned which made Pan nervous as to thinking Melody was in trouble or worse: dead.

"Look, Pan, I get that you're anxious to see Melody, but you just got to wait. It'll be worth it when she's finally here," Felix spoke up.

Pan turned to him. "You should be glad we're friends because anyone else would be dead by now."

Felix smirked, adjusting the club on his shoulders. "I know."

The familiar sound of creaking sounded through the training ground and all of the Lost Boys turned to see the shadow, hovering, its glowing eyes on Pan. It looked at him for a little more before flying away. Pan knew that the shadow had an update so he turned to the Lost Boys.

"Get back to training boys!" he ordered before following his shadow.

Pan had followed the shadow and found it by his Thinking Tree.

"Melody is safe and sound in StoryBrooke, but spotted me," the shadow revealed.

Pan clenched his teeth. "What?"

"She spotted me so I decided to visit her. I told her you told me to watch over her."

"You weren't supposed to let her see you."

"Well, she has good eyes."

Pan glared. "Anything else?"

"Yes. She told me to tell you that she doesn't need anyone watching over her. She said you can come to check on her yourself and see what a mess you made her. She called me a 'stupid message man' and that you aren't 'man enough' to see her yourself."

Pan eyes dropped. "She said that?"

Of course, he felt guilty, but he knew she remembered his promise from that day. And Melody couldn't remember that she saw him just before the curse broke. Pan wanted her to forgive him and he wanted to get a second chance with her. He knew she'd be happy on Neverland and that the boys would love her. But the immortal boy knew that he shouldn't have expected her to run into his arms and tell him that she loved him.

"But I will continue to watch over her, I'll just be more careful," the shadow told him.

Pan looked at the shadow, breaking from his thoughts, and nodded.