Running

Chapter One

I've been running, running from everything. My past, my family, my pack.

Even though my wolf is tired and hungry, I keep on running, scared that everything that has troubled us will catch up.

Once I run into a clearing, I collapse, panting and whimpering. I try to get back up, but fail, I try once more but no progress. Once I have figured I was to weak to stand, I give up. I lie my head on the silky grass and slowly fall into a dreamless sleep.

---------------------------------------------

My eyes snap open to a twig snapping in the dark forest. I can't see anything but darkness, I try and use my nose but my senses are weak.

I then hear another twig, but closer. I try and get up but fall, I try again and I stand on shaky legs. Once I am standing I start to leave the clearing, but before I could go back into the forest a large, dark mass of fur tackles me to the ground.

I whimper and howl in pain. I twist and turn trying to get out of its hold, but it's no use. I look up into its eyes but see nothing, it's empty and emotionless, their cold and dark. It starts to growl and snap at my face, while its claws are digging into me, I close my eyes and howl hoping someone or something can hear me.

Then, there was nothing, it's was gone. I open my eyes and see nothing but the starry sky. I then hear growling and whimpering. I look over and see a big, brown wolf fighting the black one that attacked me.

I look in horror as the brown wolf rips out the throat of the black one. Once the brown wolf howls in satisfactory, he looks over to me and slowly stalks forwards. I start whimpering and cower away from him, but he continues. Once he reaches me he slowly helps me stand, and we start walking off into the forest.

We've been walking for nearly an hour, and we finally get to a very large house. Once we reach the front porch, he sits me on the ground, I whimpered silently but didn't fight him.

Five minutes later a girl about 18 comes out with clothes. She hands some to the brown wolf, and some to me.

She smiles sadly. "You can go change behind those trees okay?" She says softly.

I look down at the clothes, then at her.

I nod and limp behind a tree and shift.

I haven't been in my human form for days and I kind of miss walking on two legs instead of four.

Once I have put on the clothes I walk out and see a boy and the girl talking furiously. Once I see they haven't saw me yet, I hide behind a tree and try and listen to what they are saying.

"Why would you bring a rogue here while the alphas away!" I hear the girl whisper yell.

"She was about to die!, she was weak she couldn't defend herself, I couldn't just save her then leave her there to die!" the boy whispered back.

"I understand, but you should have at least asked the beta!"

"There was no time for asking!, she needed help right then!"

The girl sighed and ran her hand through her hair,"Fine Alec, but if you get in trouble, don't try and bring me in this, I only brought the clothes" she said half jokingly and half serious.

"Oh,no, I'm definitely bringing you into this" he smiled.

She rolled her eyes."Whatever," she then furrowed her brows," shouldn't she be done dressing by now?"

I then widened my eyes and slowly walk out from behind the trees. I looked up at them, and they smiled.

"Hi sweetie, my name is Lilly, and that is my brother Alec," the girl said pointing to the boy.