Chapter 28: Stuck between a Wall and Something Inhuman

Start from the beginning

Kat unsheathed her sword and wakizashi and nodded for him to open the door. Like a slim wraith she slid into the door as soon as he opened it wide enough for her to slip through with her swords still at the ready. The occupants of the room shrieked as she descended upon them with a fury.\

Three demons, two male and a female, made up the demonic power they had felt on the other side of the door, a bound Vinny lay on his side, thrashing widely at the ropes that held him prisoner.

The female hissed and slashed at Kat with claw like nails, a deft dodge and a swift side cut sent the demons head rolling down the corridor, her headless body collapsed back into a high back chair.

One of the males moved to attack her from behind, and before Sebastian could stop him the second male intercepted him. “What do you think you are doing? You are one of us!” Sebastian felt his demonic powers flare an instant before he lashed out at the man, knocking him on his back with a well-placed scissor kick. The man stumbled backwards, but with a second kick to the side of the head his neck snapped and he to, fell to the floor lifeless.

He glanced over at Kat, who still battled with the male demon, she caught his eye and yelled, “Go, take Vinny and find the Earl!”

Without a moment’s hesitation he did as she bid.

_____________________________________________________________

The man brought his combined fists down in a blow that would have surely crushed her skull if she hadn’t parried it with the flat side of her sword. She took a hasty back step looking for an opening in the man’s guard waiting for him drop his arms and expose one of the three vital points that would be the end of him instantly once she hit them.

He was two times taller than her and at least three times as broad, and had a gleam in his eye that she certainly didn’t care for. “Come girl; put that away before you hurt yourself, if you give up now I promise to make your death swift.”

His voice was a deep rumble as he spoke. Kat let the tip of her weapon drop, her one hand falling away from the blade. He laughed and moved forward, “Very wise human very wise.” His arms fell back farther to his sides as he moved forward. He cupped the side of her face with his black nailed hand, “It seems a shame to kill you like this, you would be a fun one to torture for a while I believe. Perhaps I will…”

His voice trailed off as he staggered backwards the short wakizashi blade sticking out of the bottom of his rib cage. He coughed sending a spray of blood over the ground in front of him and without he fell to the ground like a felled oak.

Kat retrieved her blades and hurried after Sebastian.

_________________________________________________________________

“You’re friends are here to rescue you little lordling. Did I not tell you that your butler would come? And with your butler my prize?” The broker grinned and tapped his taper black nails thoughtfully against his desk, “I wonder what my poison has done to her…”

“Poison?” Ciel asked resignedly, if Sebastian was on his way it was already too late to warn him of the danger this man posed.

He had tried several times to escape, each time he had been brought back with almost a gleeful maliciousness. He had no idea where the other servants were; as soon as he had arrived they had been taken to another part of the house.

“Yes poison, you see these fangs?” He tapped his teeth with his nails, “They have a certain poison in them that have varying effects upon the receiver of the bite. Some die of blood loss from the bite but almost all of them die of whatever sickness I have infected them with. But the problem is I have no control over what disease is given.”