Chapter 2 [Part 1]: Work

Y/n's POV

"Onee-chan! wake up!" 

'Shh go away.. I'm still sleeping..'

"Hmm..?" 

'I'm probably still dreaming..'

"Onee-chan!"

"Y-yes.. Wha-" I turn again to the side resulting me to fall down from the bed.
"Ow.. What happened? Ah Nevermind. Baka(y/n).." I said slightly laughing softly at my own stupidity.

"Thank you Hinami-chan for waking me up."

"No problem onee-chan!" Hinami nods her head then smiles at me and left the room.

'Ahh.. I need to get ready for work'

I went to the shower and did my daily routine for my work here at Anteiku.

I serve here as a part-time waitress alongside Kae-kun and Touka-chan.

And yess I call Kaneki as "Kae" for short. Isn't it cute? Or not? No? No?

I looked at the mirror, I haven't usually worked here before now, I somehow look great in the uniform. I'm probably being a narcissist.

After adoring the uniform even though it was simple, It's still neat and pretty.

I thought of changing my hairstyle since I wanted to try a new one starting the first day of working at Anteiku.

The color of my hair was just plain sandy blonde hair but also with bangs.

I decided to let my straight hair down, It was long but not that long. Wait. That doesn't make sense.

Either way, I sometimes put my hair on a ponytail but I will let it down today or maybe always now.

"Hai! fighting!"

-Ground Floor-

"Good morning everyone!"

You said to the workers with a bright and charismatic smile, the customers aren't here yet since we are just getting ready.

All of them replied with "Morning Y/n" or "Good morning".

"Onee-chan! Ohayo!" Hinami smiled at you with her eyes closed then greeted everyone else.

Okaa-san/Ryouko was also beside Hinami, exchanging greetings with every staff including you then later off, they both went upstairs.

"Ohayo Hinami-chan and Okaa-san!"

After setting everything done. Tables. Check. Utensils. Check. Uniform. Triple check. 'I wonder.. What else? Check check check.'

Touka-chan is coming towards me, did I do something wrong this time..? I better not be in trouble..

"Ne Touka-chan?"

"Y/n-chan."

"Y-yes?"

"You look very pretty."

"Wha-"

With that and a smile tugging on her lips, she walked away, that was strange. I blushed on the compliment.

'Touka-chan called me pretty..?'

I shaked the thought out of my head and concentrated on the work.

The café was open at this hour, the door bell ringed visibly seeing purple locks of hair.

Even though I am in Anteiku most of the time, only except when there's class, I haven't seen this person before..

"Mmm... What a fine aroma." he says while inhaling the scent in the ground floor of Anteiku.

"I really do feel more... Relaxed here."

"Tsukiyama!" Touka was disgusted by the presence of the person.

"Mmm... Long time no see, Miss Kirishima."

Touka ignores him and decides to focus on her work, cleaning the counter table.

"What do you want?"

"As cold as ever, I see." Tsukiyama said while smiling then looked at me.

Narrator's POV

"Oh? A new worker? Bonjour mon beau~" Tsukiyama says while walking towards Y/n amd circling around her like a lion planning on pouncing on his prey.

'That fragrance.. So- so.. Sweet.. She looks rather.. Tasty and soft.. My my, mon beau.. You certainly caught my attention.'

The purple-haired guy spaces out before licking his upper lip, proceeding on asking you.

"Hmm.. What's your name?"

"A-ano.. My name is Fueguchi Y-Y/n."

'Why did I say that on a stranger?! A-ah.. You're such a bakaa..!'

Tsukiyama stroked Y/n's left cheek with his gloves until Touka cut him off. Kaneki balled his fists in jealousy, wanting to punch him if he had the strenght.

"Oi, stop flirting around you idiot. Don't you ever touch her!"

He looked at Touka with another smile "Kimi wa~ (I know~)"

"I'll be by some other time here to enjoy the fresh scent of coffee. Some time when Yoshimura-san is here." He turns back at you and decided to look around and anothet person caught his eyes again and also walked towards him.

"May I also ask your name?"

"..K-Kaneki."

"Hey! You're interfering our work! You're also gross." Touka got annoyed of Tsukiyama staying in the place for a lot of time.

"Hai hai. I'll be going now, Ja ne Kaneki-san and Y/n-chan~" He says before opening the entrance door, mumbling something then disappears.

"Who was that?"

"You two. Watch out for that guy. He's also one of the 20th ward's parasites."

"The gourmet..?"

Y/n asked curiously out of blue. Touka nodded, "Let's get back to work!"

'I should stay out of that Tsukiyama guy..'

Y/n went back on cleaning, and served for the customers. After an hour of duty and work, we started to get ready for school.

• • • • • • • • •

A/N

Hello everyone!
I'll try to make the part 2 early today as fast as I can
Sorry if It may seem short ;;
« Stay Tuned »

862 words