chapter -8

Nandini pov

After nani left, we three sat in silent not until cabir started his leg pulling session.

"Arey nandini tumhara haath kaisa hein ?? Wo ek song yaad aaya...tere haath mein mera haath ho..." even before he can complete i cut him in between..

"Cabir please not again" said i eyeing manik whose face still hang down. what's  up with this boy?? Aisa kya hua ki yeh, aisa hogaya.

Cabir got a call and he left to answer it leaving manik and me alone. I need to talk to him.

"Manik kya hua? You ok?" I asked him.

He just nodded. No word??

"Manik come with me" saying this i took manik hand in me and made him walk upstairs to my room.. he didnt say a word, just came with me.

Once we reached my room i made him sit on the edge of the bed and i stood infront of him.

Enough of my patience....

"Manik what is bothering you??" I asked him.

No word..

"Manik agar mein tumhara zindagi mein kuch mayine rakhta hun tho batau..kya hua" i said in pleading and serious tone..im done with his silence.

He sighed. Oh wow..iam important in his life.

"Snicker girl" he said and ruffeled his hair.hmm so he is thinking how to say..!!

"Manik iam waiting" i said and sat beside him facing him.

"Nandini im tired" he said in low voice.

"Tired?  Of what manik? " i asked him.
He took a deep breath and his face is still facing downwards..

"Nandini mere life mein jo kuch bhi hua and ab jo kuch bhi horaha hein.. In sab se takk chuka hu mein"

I can understand  him.. Manik ke dad jaane ke baad, saari responsibilities usey lene pada par manik ne kabhi apni mom ke baareme nahi bataya.. Kaha hein wo?  Kya karti hein?

"Manik" i called him.. He just hmmed still  facing  downwards..

"Manik tumne mujhe itne saari baat batayi...par apne mom ke baareme kuch nahi bataya? "

"wo.. " he is unable to speak... He still need time.

"It's  ok manik..you can share  with  me when  you are comfortable.." said i to him and started getting  up from  my place.. But manik caught my hand and made me sit  beside  him and this  time  he faced me.. Watching in to his eyes.. I can see how much pain he ia going  through..

"Nandini.. Meri mom ka naam Meera malhotra  hein.. Mere dad ke jaane ke baad.. She  was unable to bear the thing  that my father is  no more.. And her  health got  worst and we got admitted  her in the hospital... Par tab se she is in coma... She is in coma" said manik and started crying...

Ayiappa.. Manik kitna acha ladka hein.. Aur aap hamesha ache log ke saath hi bura karte ho...

I just hugged manik because  i also know the pain of not having  parents... Par nani ne kabhi mujhe aise lonely feel hone nahi diya.. Magar manik ke saath aisa koyi nahi hein.. Jis se wo akela mehsoos nahi karega...

He hugged back and crying  silently...

"Shhh Manik..dont cry.. Ayiappa is taking  test... Aur agar tum weak hogai tho kaise chalega.. See im there  with  you now and always  be there for you.. Please dont cry.. Agar tum rona band nahi karoge tho mein bhi roungi... Dekho" saying  this  i broke the hug.. And started crying  just like him.. Its not that  easy to manage all the things..par itni mushkil bhi nahi.. Manik ke dad ke jaane ke baad aur manik ke mom ko coma mein jaane ke baad he is very alone... And cabir hein tabhi tho yeh aisa normal hein thoda sa... Thinking all this i started  crying for real... Pata nahi kabse he had all this  pain inside him..

Manik is slowly wiping my eyes  and asking me not to cry.. And i did the same to him.. He smiled faintly.. And i hugged him again.. And this time he hugged me little more tight than before..

To be  Frank... There  is  always somekind of special  feeling when ever manik is close to me... In the evening, while we are walking hand in hand, that not so called 'accidental kiss'... And  now... Jab bhi manik paas hota hein.. Hamesha smile kar thi hun.. And  there  is a kind of peace when  manik is with me... Yeh peace mujhe aaliya ke saath bhi nahi mili...
Shit aaliya.  

I tried to break the hug.. But Manik  didn't  let me..

"Manik  i have to talk something important  to you " said i, still trying  to break the hug..

"Bolo nandini.. Kya hein" said  manik still not leaving  me. 

"Manik agar tum aise pakde rahe ga tho kaise bolu mein? "

"Nandini please.. Jo bhi bolni hein aise hi bolo na... It feels good to be close to you.. "

I smiled inwardly and giving up and started thinking how to say to manik.. I started drawing circles on manik back fighting how to say..

"Nandini kuch bologi yaa aise hi circles  draw karti rahegi? " i just hit him slowly and he laughed...

"Manik  wo kya heina.. Aaliya also likes you and she says she loves you.. Mein bas yahi chahti hun ki.. Tum jo bhi uss keliye feel kar rhe ho.. Usey batadena.. Its just she wont have false hopes na.. "

"Yaa nandini.. You are right.. I will say to her... Mein kisiko jhute ummeed nahi dena chahta..."

"Haan manik, i cant see her hurt by anyone.. Especially  not you.. "

" Especially  not  me matlab? " manik asked still hugging  me..

" Matlab Manik..mein tera life mein kuch maayne rakhti hoon na.. Isliye tumne apne baareme mein bataya.. And apna pain mujhse share ki..it tella how much important  iam to you.. Teek waise hi you are also important  to me as im important  to you.. And i dont want you and aaliya both to be hurt.. "

It's  true....what  ever be the answer of manik  towards  aaliya..im never  gonna leave  him...

Tadaa update is here.. And sorry late and chotu sa update.. What would be the next update???  Any guesses???