3:30

The dress was to much for the eyes. It was so glamorous that it almost past the line to gaudy.

It was made with a purple silk that could have been compared to the sky as the sun faded under the horizon. A shear green fabric was arranged in the back to look like a giant bow at the base of the back. The skirt was more than just a little troublesome to move around in with so many layers of tulle and frills. Why was the petticoat so thick?

My shoulders were exposed to the draft of the gigantic mansion. A cameo choker had been laid out with dress and as I gazed at myself in the mirror I notice how slim it made my neck look.
I had worn many outfits, from many countries. In Japan I had proudly draped myself in a yukata. In Russia I had worn a jeweled hair net. Spain had left me with nice short sleeves and lighter fabric. Despite all the diverse clothing I had worn from many different countries, I had never worn a dress quite like the one I had on.

Was there really a tea party down stairs? I could hear violins and laughter from the first floor. The dress itself made it seem more like I would be attending a ball.

A knock came from the door, but they did not bother to wait for my reply and entered on their own accord.

"Aliss? Aren't you ready yet?"

I frowned into the mirror at the master of the house. " What horrible manners." I scowled, " Don't just barge into a young maiden's room without permission."

"I knocked." He shrugged nonchalantly.

"It is customary to wait for a reply before entering." I turned around to look more closely at him.

He was now wearing a cutaway tail coat that matched the color scheme of my dress. His long locks were pulled into a ribbon at the nape of his neck. An oriental sword gleamed at his side. The only thing that remained the same was his absurd top hat and his rings.

"Ah, Your hair isn't done yet."

I flinched. I was to carefree. If he had noticed my discomfort he didn't show it. He came closer and touched a long strand of my white tresses.

"How shall we style it?" He said thoughtfully. " Pulled to the side perhaps? Or a weaving style? Or maybe..." He didn't finish his sentence. He guided me over to the vanity chair and sat me down there before he got to work.

His fingers slid through my hair gently and soon I found that the uncomfortable feeling that I had before had vanished. He quickly braided and styled the hair to his satisfaction. He romaged through a drawer till he produced a decorative comb and several crystal clips that he slid into the style.

He stood back to examine his work. " Now you are ready."

I turned to look at the damage, but surprisingly, There was none. Rather, I had been made better. There was one braid that twisted Around my head twice. The ends had been left loose, but it did not look messy. A few strands framed my face. My bangs had been swept to one side of my face and pined up with a clip. A ribbon that matched his weaved in and out of the braid and made a bow at the back of my head. The comb looked more like a crown at the top of my head.

"You have a lovely face, " Ciel commented as he continued to examine me, "It would be a waste to hide it."

My face heated up. I turned away. "I don't care about things like that."

He laughed, "Yet you came in wearing a cloak lined with fur and a dress made out of premium fabric."

"They were a gift." I glare at him. "I could be wearing a sack and I wouldn't care."

He tilted his head to the side, imagining it. "I would like to see that. I think it would be interesting to see you look helpless."

My face grew even hotter. I closed my eyes to count to ten.

This man...

Most of the time I was indifferent. I could have cared less about others. Yet this man- Ciel Hatter- He somehow brought out a lot of frustration in me.

"Well, I think it is well past being fashionably late, but shall we make our way downstairs?"

"I suppose you came to escort me?"

"Well ,who else would be worthy of that position, Allis?"

"You are so sure of yourself." I glared at him.

"I have confidence that you will remember our promise. I shall just wait for you."

I said nothing as he offer me his arm. I grudgingly took it. How could I not? I would not know anyone downstairs. At least he wasn't throwing me to the wolves... yet.

The night hadn't even begun...