4. Trust Fall

{A/N Hellooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I am totally not high right now but you know what we can deal. We can deal.

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE}

Sherlock sat delicately on the railing in the charms classroom, watching, to his mild amusement, all of the students fail at performing simple tasks. He had already finished his work and was sat watching, observing, collecting information.

"Aren't you afraid you're going to fall?" John Watson asked, sitting on the rail as well.

"Falling has never registered as a threat to me," the genius replied, his gaze settling on the Gryffindor.

"Me either." John turned around and hung from the rail from his knees. Sherlock smirked and copied him.

John looked at Sherlock and burst out laughing. "What?" the dark haired boy asked, his lips curving into a smile.

"We look like monkeys!" the blonde boy replied, still giggling.

"We are evolved from monkeys, so it does not surprise me that we would-"

"Shut up, Sherlock. I mean, we look like monkeys, hanging from our knees. How hasn't the Professor caught us yet?"

"Professor Oswald is very easygoing and will turn a blind eye every once and awhile. Besides, she has a crush on me," Sherlock replied.

John snorted. "Professor Oswald, youngest professor in the building, a crush on you?"

Sherlock flicked an eyebrow up as if to say, "Is that so hard to believe?"

John shook his head and let the matter go. "Hey, can I trust you?"

"What?" Sherlock was baffled by this sudden question.

"Can I trust you?"

Sherlock had never been in the position where trust was needed. He had never had a friend before, or anyone close to him. However, he felt himself growing closer to this quirky Gryffindor kid and felt as though trust was something that might be evolving between them. "Yes, why?"

"Good, because I really want to do this!" With no warning, John unfolded his legs and was falling from the railing. Sherlock whipped out his wand without a second thought and yelled, "Aresto Momentum!" John slowed to a stop before hitting the ground. After a few seconds, his face met the cold stone.

"That was fun!" the Gryffindor exclaimed, jumping to his feet. "You really ought to try it sometime!"

"I think I'll use the stairs, thanks." Nonetheless, Sherlock found himself genuinely smiling for once in a long, long time.

*****

"I saw something strange last night," Merlin said in a hushed tone, following Arthur to History of Magic. Arthur's friends flanked them on either side.

"I'm sure it was nothing," Elyan dismissed.

"Do you want to know what I saw or are you too busy being ignorant to listen?" Merlin countered, standing in front of all of them and stopping at a corner.

Arthur sighed. "Fine, Merlin, what is it?"

The tall boy looked left and right before whispering. "It was Sherlock, that genius kid. He came into the dormitory late last night and he had a package with him."

"So?" Percival snorted.

"I'm not finished! After he slipped the parcel under his bed, he laid down and put something in his mouth after casting some kind of spell. I don't know what he's up to, but it isn't good."