Chapter Four.

Chapter Four.

Friday 31st January 2014

Poppy’s POV.

“Niall where are we going?” I can’t stop giggling; I’ve never had so much fun with another person. I’ve had such a weird day. I ate this morning for the first time in weeks. Before I got ready, eating cereal? Then on top of that, everything Niall made me eat. I hate eating, because I feel like it’s going to immediately change my size. Niall makes me feel confident. I’m going to feel so lonely when everything goes back to normal. Even though I have my friends, I still manage to feel lonely, beyond lonely.

I feel like nobody understands me. I’m trapped in a totally different mind-set. I’m tired of the way my life is now, so I like to put my mind back to my childhood. That was when I was happy. There was rarely a day that I wouldn’t smile. My dad was still around, he still cared for me. One day, I will just have to let it go. Everything is different now Poppy. 

“You’ll see” Niall and I are driving all through London. We then approach the tower bridge, and he pulls over. Niall jumps out of the car and opens my door “Come on” he holds his hand out to me. I take his hand and jump out of the car, closing the door behind me.

We start to run along the side of the bridge, until Niall stops in front of me. He leans over the edge and looks around. I do the same, taking in a big breath of fresh air. I’m taking in not only the air, but the moment. I haven’t felt so happy and relaxed in such a long time. This was such a refreshing feeling, it’s been so long, that it’s almost new to me.

“I like coming here at night time, y’know. It helps me think” I look at Niall, taking in his words. “About what?” There’s a silence between us, leaving Niall to think of his answer. “Life, I don’t know…everything. How much my life has changed in the past four years, it was big” There’s a lot more to him than I thought. He always seems happy and joyful. I guess everyone has their own secrets. “Yeah, I guess a lot happened, you got to live your dream though” Niall turned to smile at me, letting off a small chuckle “Yeah…I guess I did”

We both stand there for a few minutes in silence. If Niall didn’t drive past this morning, I be sitting in my room right now, probably wishing and praying that something could happen to me. Knowing my luck, after this everything will go back to normal. I will go back home and never hear from Niall again, and that’s it over.

Saturday 1st February 2014

Poppy’s POV

When I was little, if I was ever upset about anything or I couldn’t manage to do something, my dad would always come along and talk to me. He would try to make me feel better and convince me to give it another go. Then he would give me a big hug, wipe my tears and then I was okay again. He never managed to fail at making me feel better. He used to help me with my football, I used to love it when I was younger. My dad and I would go out on the field, round the back of my house. We would run around playing for hours. He would show me loads of tricks, it took me ages to get the hang of them.

I dream about those times every night, it hurts so much. I will never understand why he left me. I know I was an idiot and gave him no respect for a long time, but I was a teenager. I also had a lot going on, and now my depression will never go away. Him leaving me, it made everything permanent. He dropped me and left me in the dark. He left me to suffer on my own. And now, nothing will ever be okay.

I just wish he could see how much this is all hurting me, in my mind; I’m constantly screaming, shouting and crying. Crying for it all to be better. Screaming, for one of his magical hugs. Shouting, for him to come back.

Whilst I’m dreaming about old memories, it slowly fades away. I am woken from my dream by my phone buzzing on the bedside table. I stayed in Niall’s spare room last night, as I wasn’t going home at that time of night. Piper’s face is lighting up the screen. Remembering where I am, I also remember that Piper doesn’t know. I ignore the call, until it goes back to the lock screen. I have seven missed calls from Piper, seven! I don’t know what she wants; I will have to text her soon and pretend I lost my phone or something.

I slide myself out of bed, lifting myself to my feet. I stretch out my body and open the bedroom door. I walk into the kitchen to find Niall sitting there, chatting with his friend Harry. I walk in and they both turn to look at me. “Poppy this is Harry” I smile at Harry, I know who he is. But I guess it would be rude if he didn’t introduce us. “Hello” he greets me and smiles. “So mate what are we doing for your birthday then?” Niall carries on the conversation, I sit and join them. “I don’t know, I’m not bothered really”

I go into my own world, whilst Harry and Niall are having their discussion. I’m really not looking forward to going home. I feel my phone vibrate again. I take it out of my pocket, to once again see Pipers face lighting up the screen. I look up to Harry and Niall “Do you mind if I take this?” “No, go ahead” Niall insists. I get up out of my seat and walk into the hallway, sliding the answer button.

“Hello?”

“Poppy! Where are you?” I stop for a slight second to think, what do I say?

“I’m in London” it slipped…

“Why are you there?” again, I take a second to think. I can’t tell her the real reason. Not yet anyway.

“I just needed to get away for a bit” good save Poppy.

“Babe, you need to let it go” I feel my stomach twist, tears are forming in my eyes.

“I know” I breathe.

“Well, when you get back we can have a girl’s night in, okay?”

“Yeah, okay” I say, wiping the tears, before they can fall from my eyes.   

“Anything else bothering you Pop?”

“No just the usual”

“He’s an idiot Poppy” I leave a moment of silence between us, I want to cry. I want to cry so badly.

“I just want him to come back, and tell me everything is okay” I hear Piper take a deep breath.

“Be strong, you’re getting better” I have to stop this conversation, before it gets any deeper.

“I have to go Piper”

“Okay, you’ll be fine Pop, stay strong”

“Thank you” I hang up, before the conversation can carry on.

Before re-joining the boys, I wipe my eyes. I don’t want them to ask questions, this is my business. I don’t want to tell anyone else. I just want to leave this behind me, and move on with my life.

Authors note.

Hello everyone! I hope you’re all enjoying this. In all honesty, this story means so much to me. This character is so close to my heart. I really hope you readers can relate and love this story as much as I do. Please leave comments and let me know what you think! I love you all. Stay beautiful.

All my love

-Ally.