Murphy's Law

We all know that feeling. That feeling that your balloon has been popped, only it’s not just your standard candy-colored helium balloon, this is the hot air balloon that kept you afloat all day today and some passing maniac just stabbed it with a pin, and they might as well have stabbed your heart, because that’s how you feel, and you’re sinking now.
We all know that feeling. It’s that feeling you get when you wanted an apple and you get handed a orange, when you push the pull door, when you choose the door on the left, when really, you need the door on the right. It’s that feeling, it’s that phenomenon, the one that they call Murphy’s Law.

We all know that feeling, because we are all human, we are all flawed so as to make us perfect. We know love and warmth, strength, comfort, unity and peace. But we are all human, so we all know hate and insanity, cold, loneliness, betrayal, and war.

So let’s take what we know. We know that we all know this feeling, we all know Murphy’s Law. We all know we want what we don’t have because we are human and we are perfectly flawed, and we know that we are the flaw and so here is the perfect:

I will give you war, I will give you hate and betrayal, I will divide you until you think you will never see another living soul again, I will throw you in the air and break you when you come back down. I will give you unrest and unease, I will give you fear, and I will give you pain, and I will give you sadness.

Because then, just maybe then, I can fix us. Maybe Murphy’s Law will work, and we will all be human and covet that which is not ours, and we will reach for it.

We will reach for peace, and calm. We will reach for the unity of belief and we will say what we need to say and we will build things together today, not tear them apart. We will learn and we will grow wiser and stronger, we will love away the fear and sing away the pain and dance away the night, because we will be one, all of us. We will be together and there will be nothing to stop us and nothing to stop for because we will finally have all that we truly want.