HOME FOR CHRISTMAS

Start from the beginning

When will you be ready then? – M

"Can I get you anything else, Ma'am?" the friendly flight stewardess from earlier

"I'm fine..." Maine glanced at her name plate, "... Ann. Thanks for asking." After a thought, she added "A glass of Riesling would do, something to calm my nerves." she added a sweet smile at the end.

The moment Ann found out that the 'Maine Mendoza' would be in her flight back to Manila, she was ecstatic. She's been a fan since the phenomenon has started, but was never given the chance to see any of the two in person. And even now when both of them went off their own ways, she still supports them - together and individually.

Maine, as most people have said, is very beautiful. Her smile can make anyone melt in seconds, it's just that Ann noticed that this time, Maine's smile was not able to mask the pain in her eyes.

If every one thinks that updates about the couple are scarce during the peak of their phenomenal career, well they should have been there when the love team ended. People will still see them in TVCs and different shows and movies, but anything about their personal life? Zilch, nada!

Ann would have wanted to take a picture with Maine, but the actress is busy with her phone all through out. She has witnessed the change in Maine's emotions, from static excitement to forlorn resignation just after a few minutes of fidgeting in her seat, and playing with her phone.

Forlorn resignation - nothing can best describe what she is feeling right now. She thought that she already gave RJ a lot of time. But apparently, it is not enough. And now she just needs to accept the fact that he will not be ready anytime soon to see her again.

And that fact hurts. As much as she wanted to see him again, he might not want the same thing anymore.

Come on RJ, it's been a while. Is it not enough? – M

Can you give me some more time? – R

//

December 24 – 09:00 PM Hong Kong Time / Manila Time

Can you give me some more time? – R

RJ knows that it's unfair of him to be acting this way. He is not lying when he said that he needs more time, he does, he is not yet ready. But he will be lying if he say that he does not want to see her soon. He wants to see her now.

If that 'asking for more time' would mean more time away from her, then his heart and mind is in great disaccord.

God knows how he wanted her by his side, not just this Christmas but all the time. It's been so long, since he last saw her, last held her, last talked to her. And he wanted nothing more but to have her back in his arms like how it should be.

But if anything, he was a stubborn man. He is the one who is at a disadvantage here, so he is the one who should be cajoled with sweet words.

But no, there is no cajoling involved. Instead, he was issued an ultimatum.

And like any wounded animal, preferably dog please, he fought back.

Please don't do this to me. You don't know how I'm feeling right now. – R

I know, trust me, I know. I think it's time to talk about this face to face. I'll see you real soon. – M

//

December 24 – 11:05 PM Manila Time

I know, trust me, I know. I think it's time to talk about this face to face. I'll see you real soon. – M