Chapter 17 - Dad

3d, 5hrs, 8mins left...

They arrived. They did a couple of things before leaving, like go to the bathroom, change of clothes, money conversion, and snacks.

"Guys," Clark spoke. "Don't you think we should try to have fun first? It will be easier to face our problems if we should take our mind off it."

"No." Collin disagreed. "We should do our mission first before fun. We might not have time left."

The two of them fought there in the cab.

"Would you guys decide already?!" The cab driver exclaimed.

Everyone's eyes widened, the fact that the driver can hear Collin.

"Who are you?" Clark asked the driver.

The driver sighed and reached for his neck, then he pulled his face off like some kind of mask. Guess who it was. One word, two syllables. Rhymes with Griever.

Who else would it be? Reaper, of course.

"What are you doing here?" Leslie asked, shocked.

"As a guardian, It's my job to look over everyone." He replied.

"And this is how you watch over people?" Jessica asked in a high voice.

"Yes." He replied straight.

"Since you're here," Collin said. "What do you think we should do?"

He pressed his index finger against his chin with his thumb behind it. He was thinking.

"I would recommend doing the mission first." He said. "Because these kinds of missions can sometimes be emotional and can leave emotional pain."

"Good point." Clark said. "I've been researching when we were at the plane, and I found that you're dad is checked in at Manila Hotel on room 55."

"That's creepy." Reaper said.

"What? I only looked at one picture and that picture says it all. And what you're doing is more creepier. You pretended to be a taxi driver so you could 'watch over' us."

"Touché." Reaper said, nodding.

"So that's it. Reaper, take us to Manila Hotel."

"Already here." Reaper said.

"That was fast." Brook said.

"I have certain skills." He said. "What are you guys still doing here? Go, now!"

At that, we all walked out of the car, then he stopped Clark.

"That'll be 200." Reaper joked as he winks.

***

The hotel looked beautiful as they enter. They can't describe on how astonishing the place looks.

"What can I do for you sir?" The male receptionist asked.

"Is there a guy checked in here named 'Max Bradey?'" Clark asked.

She typed in her keyboard. "No Max Bradey here, sir."

"Try Maximus Bradey." Collin whispered to Clark. Max was dad's nickname. Maximus is his real name.

Clark asked. He typed in his keyboard again. "Ah, here he is! Maximus Bradey. He is checked in room 55 with Mal Loraine. Room 55 is at the eastern part of the building at the second floor."

Reasonsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें