Prologue

Never in my life did I think it would end up like this. Sitting here in on a old worn bench in the middle of New York made me think back to my 18 year existance. Some may say a short life, but major events crammed my mind.At the age of 5 I lost my dear father. He was a specialised brian doctor and happily married my mother at the tender age of 16. They were childhood sweethearts and they knew noone would come between them so married early. I was brought into the world 4 years later. Even from a early age I knew they were madly in love, the way they looked at each other across the table: Love, Compassion.

One stormy night my father decided to drive home from a operation. It was 3am and a drunk 17 year old boy collided with my fathers car, the car was thrown off a bridge and landed in the water, there was no chance he was surviving it and me and mother knew that. Even though I was 5 years old I can still hear my mothers screams and cries when she got a call from the hospital. It was painful to listen to my mother but I knew theres was nothing I could've done to make it better. The boy who caused my fathers death is still alive but lives with regret. I forgave him being the good Christian that I am but my mother is refusing to forgive him, which is understandable.

My best friend Jeremiah helped me through all the suffering. We met in 3rd grade when these girls where bullying me. He made them apologise and to promise to never bother me again, at that time it was clear we would be friends. Now I'm 18 years old and thinking about the future, I'm following in my fathers footsteps and becoming a doctor. However it comes with a price, leaving New York to go to North Dakota University. My mother is perfectly okay with me leaving but the only thing keeping me back is Jeremiah. I admit, I really like him, I need to tell him before I leave. Yet again, life seems to throw unexpected surprises. My name is Delilah Jones and this is my story, one big rollercoster, what am I kidding, its much more complicated than that.

Hi guys, this is my first offical story writen by myself. I will get the first chapter up ASAP.